Homemade Sour Cream Rolls are so simple to make! I never knew how easy it was to make homemade rolls. These delicious sour cream rolls are full of flavor and will pair perfect with any dinner recipe!
I served these scrumptious dinner rolls with Fried Porkchops with Gravy and corn. My boys wanted more of the rolls and asked me to make them again!
Did you know that you can freeze sour cream? It works great and saves money! I like to purchase cream cheese in bulk on sale and stockpile it for recipes. Check out this post Can You Freeze Sour Cream to find out how!
Sour Cream Rolls
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's RapidRise Yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in a large mixer bowl.
- Heat sour cream, water and butter until very warm.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add egg and remaining 1 1/4 cup flour to make a soft batter.
- Spoon evenly into a 12 greased muffin cups.
- Cover; let rise until doubled in size (about an hour).
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove pan and cool on wire rack.
Be sure to try these delicious Bread recipes:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.