Southwestern Chicken & Cornbread Salad is southern comfort in a bowl. This salad is amazing! I love cornbread and salad and I never thought of putting it together!
Southwestern Chicken & Cornbread Salad
- 6 cornbread muffins very dry, coarsely crumbled, divided
- 1 can 2¼ ounces sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 can 16 ounces pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can 11 ounces whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Spicy Ranch Dressing divided
- 1 cup diced bell pepper assorted colors
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup seeded and diced tomatoes about 2 medium
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In large, clear salad bowl or trifle dish, layer half of the cornbread, followed by next three ingredients.
- Top with ½ cup of the dressing.
- Layer next four ingredients, remaining cornbread, and remaining dressing. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.