This Southwestern Vegetable Soup recipe looks perfect for a go to on those cold days. Anything made in the crock pot is a win/win too! There is nothing better than soup on a winter's day.
What is nice is that you simply prep your meat, peppers and onion and then add all of the ingredients except the rice and cook it on low in your slow cooker. Stir in your rice 30 minutes before you are ready to serve, and you have a delicious southwestern vegetable soup that your family will enjoy.
I like to serve it with a salad and a slice of corn bread.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 cup bell pepper diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 2 cans Hunt's diced tomatoes
- 1 pkg. frozen French-style green beans
- 1 pkg. frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. red cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Brown ground beef with onion, peppers, and celery. Drain well and rinse with HOT water. Combine with all other ingredients EXCEPT rice in a large crockpot. Simmer on low 4 hours. Add rice about 30 minutes before serving. Add water as desired for the consistency you want. If you like a thick soup, don't add any water. If you like a thin soup, add as much as you like to it
Recipes You May Enjoy:
15 Slow Cooker Freezer Meals in 90 minutes - Pinned 61,900 times to Pinterest.
Gluten Free Menu at Cracker Barrel - Pinned 1,100 times to Pinterest.
Easy Slow Cooker A 1 Pot Roast Recipe - Pinned 13,700 times to Pinterest.
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.