This dessert recipe fore Spice Cake is amazing and so easy to make! I love to make this Spice Cake recipe and use my recipe for Homemade Whipped Cream Cheese Icing to frost it. My family loves the taste of this delicious cake. Whenever we get invited to our friends for dinner, this is my go to choice for a dessert to bring. Especially during the fall it fits perfect to end a dinner on a crisp autumn night.
Next time you need a dessert and want something different than chocolate or a pie. Then be sure to try this scrumptious dessert recipe for Spice Cake, you will not be disappointed!
Moist Spice Cake
- 2 1/2 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened until easily spreadable
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and lightly flour a metal or disposable foil 9-by-13-inch pan or 2 round pans.
- Whisk dry ingredients and spices in a large bowl.
- Mix milk, eggs and vanilla extract in a 2-cup measuring cup.
- Beat softened butter into dry ingredients, first on low, then medium, until mixture forms pebble-sized pieces.
- Add about 1/3 of the milk mixture and beat on low until smooth.
- Add remaining milk mixture in two stages; beat on medium speed until batter is just smooth.
- Add the sugar; beat until just incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the cake's center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Set pan on a wire rack; let cool for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around the pan perimeter and turn cake onto rack.
- Let cool before frosting.
More Dessert Recipes you May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.