This recipe for Spicy Sloppy Joe Recipe is perfect for my husband and my middle son who love things hot! They both have a great taste for spicy food and when I made these sloppy joe's they were in heaven. My husband wants to know when I making them again, he wants them back on the menu soon.
Sloppy Joe's are a staple in my house because they are so easy and quick to make in less than 30 minutes! Perfect on a busy night when my kids have multiple activities going on and I have very little time to fit dinner in. Dinner is very important to me, as I think of it as a place we can all be together and talk about our days as a family. I like to serve these Spicy Sloppy Joe's with Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese.
This Spicy Sloppy Joe Recipe is perfect for those hot taste buds!
Spicy Sloppy Joe Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 small green pepper finely chopped
- 1 8 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce more if you want it hotter
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crumble in ground beef; add onion and green pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add tomato sauce, ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire, sugar and hot sauce.
- Mix well, breaking up beef with a wooden spoon.
- Simmer on medium-low, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon equal portions of meat mixture onto buns and enjoy!
More Sloppy Joe Recipes
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.