Do you remember getting up in the morning and having a poptart before school? I LOVE Poptarts and I can not lie! You other brothers can't deny! Oh sorry, I was excited about the poptarts. If you loved that morning pastry, you will love Strawberry Poptart Cobbler.
So, my sister is the one that made this delicious cobbler and I was so excited! Strawberry Poptart Cobbler is a fantastic twist on the poptart.
You will not believe how easy it is to make! First, you place a Kroger® Rolled Pie Crust in the bottom of a baking pan. Then you add your strawberry pie filling and strawberries. You finish it off with another pie crust, top with a egg mixture, and put it in the oven. It is absolutely delicious and extremely simple. This is a keeper and will replace the poptarts I hide in the cabinet from my kids! You know we all have that one thing you have to hide! They can keep their Halloween candy and I keep my poptarts!
Strawberry Poptart Cobbler
- 1 pkg Kroger® Rolled Pie Crusts 2 Count
- 1 can Kroger® Strawberry Pie Filling (21 ounce)
- 1.5 cup Sliced Strawberries
- 1 Egg
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 tbs Water
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbs Milk
- ¼ tsp Vanilla
- Grease an 9x13 baking dish
- Gently press one of your pie crusts in the bottom of the baking dish. Then gently push up the sides of the baking dish.
- Spread can of Strawberry pie filling on top of the pie crust.
- Place sliced strawberries on top of the pie filling.
- Place second pie crust on top and cut little slits in the top of the crust. My sister cut 9 slits in three lines of three.
- Use two fingers and squeeze the pie crust together along the sides of the dish.
- Mix egg, pinch of salt, and 2 tbs of water in a small bowl and whip until it is mixed well.
- Brush mixture on the top of the crust.
- Bake in Preheated 400° oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove Poptart Cobbler and place a sheet of foil over the pan. Put the Cobbler back in the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- After the Cobbler is finished cooking cool for at least 45 minutes. Then spread your icing on top!
- Add Sprinkles on top if desired. We are not fans of the sprinkles but I know some people love them!
- Mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla together. Honestly, I never get this right on. I always end up adding more powdered sugar or milk.
This is a perfect recipe for you to cook with your kids! I always try to find recipes that are easy and not confusing for them to make. Below you will find some of my favorites!
Recipes and Articles about cooking with your kids!
Fruit Nutella Waffle - Say goodbye to the boring waffle! This is one of our favorite breakfast recipes and everyone likes to create their own! We own the Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker from amazon!
Loaded Smashed Red Skin Potatoes - My family loves potatoes and I think I have made them in every way possible. My Youngest LOVES this recipe and has learned to make them himself! We have made this all easier by using Potato Express Microwave Potato Bag. This bag is a game changer!
Dirt Dessert - This dessert will always bring smiles to everyone's face! We love making it, looking at it, and eating it! The kids love making this one!
Frankenstein Pudding Cups - With Halloween coming your kids will love making these and since they are so easy they are perfect for your child's Halloween Party! The best part is they can go to school and say they made them!
Chocolate Cookie Bites - My kids love to make cookies. Who doesn't like a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie!
Easy Grilled Hamburgers Recipe - I taught my oldest son to grill this summer and he is really good at it! I can be inside cooking all the sides and he finishes the main course for me!
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls - I have learned my kids love seeing and tasting the finished product. They get so excited when these come out of the oven!
Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.