It is finally officially summer! For us that means travel and road trips! We love to take time in the summer to make memories. Each summer we take a road trip to visit family, friends and see new sites. Of course taking road trip isn't always easy. You need to keep the kids busy as you travel. We have a few tips to help you if you are traveling this summer with kids.
Summer Travel Tips Checklist:
1. Pack plenty of snacks and drinks from your stockpile when you travel so that you don’t have to stop and make expensive pit stops. I like to pack a cooler with lunch too!
2. Pack a tote for each child. Include 10 items or at least one new item for every hour of your drive. These could include books, coloring books and crayons, etch a sketch, small toys, new video game or a new DVD just to name a few. A frugal tip is to buy these items throughout the year when you find them on sale/clearance.
3. Purchase DVD's that have digital copies. This is a huge lifesaver! You can download the copies to your iPad or iPhone and you will have a variety of movies for the kids to enjoy when you are on the go. Check out the new Disney Movies Anywhere app for easy management of your digital copies and for extra bonus features.
4. Load your iPod with your child’s favorite music. We love to sing together while we drive. It passes the time and your child will enjoy dancing in their seat to the music. If you don’t have an iPod check out CD’s from your local library.
5. Take time to educate your children on where you are going and what they are going to do while they are there. I often bring a travel guide and show my son pictures of where we are headed during the road trip.
6. Use flashcards with your children. This is a great time to work on colors, shapes, addition, subtraction, Spanish…you can pick these up at your local Dollar Tree or create your own on index cards.
7. Play games while you drive. We love to play “I spy”, Slug a Bug and Bruiser Cruiser (PT Cruiser), Finding something that starts from A-Z as we drive.
8. Enjoy your time together! Create memories of your family time together! There is no better time and enjoy every minute of it!
As you noticed one of my suggestions is to purchase DVD's with digital copies and download those copies to your iPad or iPhone. This is a great way to have entertainment on the go for your kids!
Are you a Disney fanatic or do you have a Disney fanatic at your house? The first movie that Peyton watched was Finding Nemo. I think I have every single line of the movie memorized. In fact, we often use the line....just keep swimming...when we are finding ourselves in a sticky situation to break the tension. We also love to talk "Whale" to each other. I wouldn't trade these Disney Movie memories for anything!
If you are a Disney fanatic like we are you going to love Disney Movies Anywhere! You can watch full Disney, Marvel and Pixar movies on your iPhone, iPad or laptop computer with the Disney Movies Anywhere app. This includes all your favorites like Frozen, Marvel's The Avengers and Finding Nemo! It really makes Summer Travel a breeze!
What is Disney Movies Anywhere?
If you are like me you are thinking what is this? Disney Movies Anywhere is a service that allows you to browse and watch your Collection of Disney, Pixar, and Marvel movies along with bonus material and exclusive videos. You can easily manage your digital movie collection and instantly stream and download your favorite Disney movies across your devices. I downloaded Disney Movies Anywhere and I like the ease and organization that it provides.
I also like that you can also earn points towards rewards with your digital purchases and enjoy special clips and features from your favorite movies. Simply sign in using your existing Disney Account or create a new account. It is free and easy to sign up.
I like how simple it is to access Disney Movies Anywhere on your computer through DisneyMoviesAnywhere.com or download the free app for your iPhone or iPad, and iPod Touch (iOS 7 required) from the App Store. When you find yourself on the go or planning a summer road trip the Disney Movies Anywhere comes in handy! It is really nice for Summer Travel.
The Discover section at Disney Movies Anywhere includes special, often never-before-seen and exclusive, short pieces of streamable content, available at no charge for members. You can access previews of new films, behind-the scenes footage, music videos, classic shorts from the Disney Archives, and so much more.
Whether it’s a entering a code from a DVD/Blu-ray purchase or an iTunes digital download, your Disney library is now everywhere you are, anywhere you are, and instantly accessible with or without an internet connection on any iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, and Apple TV). The app is also really easy to use. I like that you can also purchase new movies directly through the app or simply redeem your Disney digital copies.
You can easily stream movies while connected or download to your device for offline viewing, which is great when you don't have access to WIFI. You can also earn Disney Movie Rewards points for every digital transaction that you make! I was able to pre-order movies too! Peyton was able to use the app with no problem. A feature that I like is that every movie purchase goes to a virtual locker with parental controls, so you can decide which movies your kids can access!
Now is a great time to download the Disney Movies Anywhere app. When you register and connect your iTunes account you will receive a free copy of Pixar’s The Incredibles. In celebration of the launch, a new Pixar movie will be released each week at the special price of $14.99 (regularly $19.99) for a limited time.
Disclosure: This blog post is part of a paid SocialMoms and Disney Movies Anywhere blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.