This Sunflower Peeps Cake Recipe is perfect for Easter! It is worth the time in creating when your kids see it! If you are hosting an Easter lunch or dinner this would be the perfect dessert. You can easily make this cake gluten free too! Peeps are gluten free so just be sure you use a gluten free cake mix and frosting.
Not only is this a gorgeous cake it can double as your center piece for Easter dinner! Best of all it is a cake mix for the base of the cake! That means you can determine the flavor.
This Sunflower Peeps Cake is truly a showstopper. It is worth the time and effort to make once you have it complete.
Sunflower Peeps Cake Recipe
- 1 package 18-¼ ounces yellow cake mix
- 2 cans 16 ounces each chocolate frosting
- 19 whole yellow chick Peeps candies
- 1-½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in. round baking pans.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely; carefully remove waxed paper.
- Level tops of cakes.
- Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake.
- Without separating Peeps and curving slightly to fit, arrange chicks around edge of cake for sunflower petals.
- For sunflower seeds, arrange chocolate chips in center of cake.
Posts You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.