This is the ultimate Thanksgiving leftovers recipe. If you are like me want to re-purpose your Thanksgiving leftovers this Tastes Like Thanksgiving Casserole is the perfect solution for you. Simply layer all of your leftovers together into this casserole and you will be happy you did! Mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey and gravy all combined for one delicious dish.
Tastes Like Thanksgiving Casserole Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-1/4 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter cubed
- 6 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans 10-3/4 ounces each condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing cubes, poultry seasoning and sage.
- Stir in broth and celery mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In another large bowl, combine the turkey, soup, garlic powder and 1/4 cup sour cream; spoon over stuffing mixture.
- Drain potatoes; mash in a large.
- Beat in the cream cheese, pepper, salt and remaining sour cream; spread over turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
BEST EVER THANKSGIVING CROCKPOT RECIPES:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.