You are going to fall in love with this Crockpot Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans & Rice Recipe. Made in the slow cooker it is so easy to prepare and tastes delicious. If you love Tex-Mex this recipe is for you!
My family fell in love with the flavors, and you can make it spicy as you want. Use a mild flavor taco seasoning packet or a spicy taco packet depending on what your family likes. You can even use a gluten free packet to make this recipe gluten free!
To prepare simply sprinkle the chicken with 1 tablespoon taco seasoning and transfer to a 5 or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soup, onion, chilies and remaining taco seasoning; pour over chicken. Next add beans. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender. Prepare rice according to package directions.
Stir in rice. Stir in sour cream (or serve on the side). We like the sour cream because it keeps the heat down. Serve with cheese and tortilla chips We hope you enjoy this Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans & Rice Recipe.
- 3 chicken breasts cut up into strips
- 1 envelope taco seasoning divided
- 1 can 14-½ ounces Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can 10-¾ ounces condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 can 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 container 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-½ cups crushed tortilla chips
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon taco seasoning; transfer to a 5 or 6-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soup, onion, chilies and remaining taco seasoning; pour over chicken. Add beans.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Stir in rice.
- Stir in sour cream (or serve on the side)
- Serve with cheese and tortilla chips
20 EASY CROCKPOT RECIPES
Crockpot Ranch Porkchops – Stockpiling Moms Popular Recipe
Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes – Stephanie’s Favorite
Homemade Crockpot Caramel Dip (Dulce de Leche) – Melissa’s Favorite
Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing – Shelley’s Favorite
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.