Tips for visiting the Burlington Antique Show. I am home from my first ever trip to the Burlington Antique Show in Burlington, KY. It was EPIC!
The Burlington antique show near Cincinnati is the midwest's premier antique show featuring over 200 dealers on third Sunday of each month April - October.
Located just ten minutes south of Cincinnati, Ohio, the Burlington Antique Show is the Midwest's premier antiques and vintage collectibles only show.
It is EPIC! That is word I used all day and I sticking with it. My friend Denise and I made a girls trip out of this adventure to celebrate her birthday.
We got an Airbnb for the night before so we could arrive early. I must say it was worth it! The early bird gets the worm at this show!
Tips for visiting the Show:
- Go early. They have early bird admission from 6-9 am and we arrived at 6:30 am. We had a first row parking lot which was amazing for loading our car.
- Take a wagon or cart. You will thank me later. Perfect to haul all your goodies! You can also ask sellers to hold your large items. My suggestion is to take a picture of the booth so you know where to go back and collect your items.
- Wear comfortable shoes. There is a lot of walking. Wear comfy shoes.
- Bring rain gear. This event is rain or shine so bring your rain gear.
- Pack water/coffee and snacks. We took a break around 9:00 and enjoyed a snack which kept up fueled and able to power through.
- Bring small bills. You can negotiate on pricing. It is best to bring small bills so you don't have to get change when making a deal with the vendors.
- Dress in layers. Even though we went in July it was chilly at 6:00 am. Be sure to dress in layers. I wore a hoodie and then when it got hot I took it off and put it in the car.
- Have fun. This event was one of the best days I had in a long time. Take a good friend and enjoy!
- Bring a big vehicle. We brought my husbands vehicle and wished we had a trailer.
- Bring a crossbody purse or a fanny pack so your hands are free. This is a huge relief to have so you can shop with ease.
The show hours are from 6 am - 3pm. The price is $4 per person from 9 am - 3 pm. and kids 12 years and under are FREE. From 6am-8am there is Early Bird Buying for $6 per person. Best of all FREE parking! They do not allow pets.
The event is located at the beautiful Boone County Fairgrounds. The address is: 5819 Idlewild Rd. Burlington, KY 41005.
Here is a picture of my treasures once I made it home. Yes, you may be seeing doubles of a couple of my finds. I was so excited to find the red wagon that I bought two.
This is a great day trip if you live in Central Kentucky. We are so glad that we went and love all of our treasures.
Kentucky Day Trips:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.