There is nothing better than Chex Mix. I love this for Gluten Free Valentine Chex Mix Recipe. It would also be perfect for Sweetest Day! It is always nice to fix a special gluten free treat for school events or your child's lunchbox for holiday's. It is not as easy to "pick up" treats at the store but this is one that is sure to make your gluten free loved ones feel special and it is easy to make too! If you school allows homemade treats this would be great for a class party.
Gluten Free Valentine's Day Chex Mis Recipe is perfect for anyone who has an intolerance or Celiac Disease.
- 9 cups Rice Chex® cereal
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips or white chocolate almond bark
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup red, white and pink candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1/4 cup red or pink jimmies sprinkles
- In large bowl, place cereal. In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Place 1/2 of the cereal mixture in 1-gallon food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir candies and sprinkles into remaining cereal mixture. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- In serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures. Store in airtight container
Thanks Betty Crocker for the recipe and photo. Thanks to my good friend Carrie who shared this yummy recipe with me and who watches out for me in my Gluten Free journey, which means the world to me.