Venison Chili is such a healthy recipe to serve your family. My family loves to hunt and with hunting comes lots of deer meat. Deer meat is so low in fat that sometimes it can be hard to cook with but when you make it in a chili or soup it is quite easy. So, first pin all this amazing recipe. Second, send out your hunter! Finally, you will have the recipe you have have been looking for!
My husband and son keep my freezer full of deer steaks, burger, and jerky! This is the first pot of Venison Chili we have made this year and it is delicious. Don't you love recipes that are handed down generation to generation? This recipe is sure to please your hunter. It is nice to have a recipe you never strayed from. If it's not broke don't fix it, RIGHT?
- 2 lbs of ground venison
- 1 package Buena Vida chili powder or your favorite
- 2 16 oz cans light kidney beans
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- dash hot pepper flakes use desired amount
- Brown the meat (use a little olive oil as venison is low in fat).
- Once meat is browned; add green pepper, garlic & onion, cook until onion is translucent.
- Add chili powder and brown for a bit, do not scorch.
- Then dump in a pot and add tomato paste, tomatoes & kidney beans.
- Add just shy of a full can of water for each can you just added.
- Sprinkle with hot pepper flakes to your taste.
- Heat to boiling.
- Then turn down to simmer and place lid on.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or longer.
- Add more or less water depending on how you like it.
More Chili Recipes
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.