I recently made this Warm Potato Salad recipe inspired by The Chew and everyone at my house gave it two thumbs up! I was inspired to create this non traditional side dish after watching, The Chew. Have you watched this show on ABC?
My Mom introduced me to the show when it first aired and I LOVE IT! Whenever cooking is mixed with entertainment you have a great combination for success in my opinion.
I suggest you check out The Chew. I was inspired to make this warm potato salad inspired by Mario's version after I watched an episode of The Chew.
I am glad I did or my family would have missed out on this yummy version and would still be eating the refrigerated traditional version. I suggest you check out The Chew. Hopefully you will be inspired like I was.
- 2 pounds New Potatoes
- 3 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Whole Grain Mustard
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the new potatoes, and cook until just tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice them in half.
- In a skillet heat ¼ cup olive oil on low heat and cook onions and garlic until tender.
- Add potatoes to the skillet.
- In a bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, mustard, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of freshly ground pepper. Pour over the potatoes
- Add the basil and bacon. Toss everything to coat, and serve.
Warm Potato Salad is best served hot but we enjoyed it as a leftover cold and it was still delicious! How do you put your own spin on a favorite Summer dish?
I'm always looking for new ways to spice up my Summer dishes, and ABC’s The Chew serves up everything from grilling and outdoor entertaining to road trips and picnics. Watch weekdays 1e|12p|c on ABC to see what celebrity chefs Mario Batali, Michael Symon, and Carla Hall, lifestyle expert Clinton Kelly and fresh face of healthy living Daphne Oz are dishing out to inspire you this Summer.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ABC’s The Chew. The opinions and text are all mine.