Warm Potato Salad is best served hot but we enjoyed it as a leftover side dish cold and it was still delicious! It is a fantastic twist on traditional potato salad. I love the combination with balsamic vinegar and whole grain mustard. Of course you can never go wrong with bacon. This is the perfect side dish recipe for summer picnic or BBQ.
Warm Potato Salad
- 2 pounds New Potatoes
- 3 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TBSP Whole Grain Mustard
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- dash Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the new potatoes, and cook until just tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice them in half.
- In a skillet heat 1/4 cup olive oil on low heat and cook onions and garlic until tender.
- Add potatoes to the skillet.
- In a bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, mustard, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of freshly ground pepper. Pour over the potatoes
- Add the basil and bacon. Toss everything to coat, and serve.