I was introduced to Stevia by a friend and wanted to do a little research on it before sharing with you. SweetLeaf Stevia was founded by James A May in Paraguay. Stevia leaves can be 30 times sweeter than sugar. When processed, the sweetest parts of the plant, called glycosides are extracted from the leaves and isolated. The combination of these compounds is 300 times sweeter than sugar and contains no calories. In additional Stevia leaves contain 100 important nutrients that are vital to the function and well-being of the human body.
What is Stevia?
It is a great replacement for artificial sweeteners and is mo calories and no carbohydrates! What I love in addition is the company uses no chemicals, solvents or alcohols in their process and no waste either! The leaf becomes cattle feed or ground mulch and the spent water is distributed to local farmers to irrigate their fields.
I love the convenience of the SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia. Of course another key for me is that it is Gluten Free! The flavored SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia in English Toffee and Chocolate Raspberry are such a wonderful addition to my morning tee and coffee! They are so conveniently packaged. I can slip them into my purse and take them with me when I am on the go or traveling. They make a great addition to fruit smoothies, desserts, plain yogurt and even cottage cheese! I love making my organic lemonade with them too. I love that they are safe for diabetics too!
- SweetLeaf Stevia is a natural sweetener
- SweetLeaf Stevia is 100% natural and contains no calories, carbohydrates, alcohol and has a zero glycemic index
- SweetLeaf Stevia contains no chemicals
- SweetLeaf Stevia has GRAS status - an FDA designation for substances determined to be safe in foods by competent scientific research
- SweetLeaf Stevia is a sweetener in soft drinks, beverages, desserts, sauces, yogurt, ice cream, cereals, toothpaste, mouthwash and baked goods.
- SweetLeaf Stevia can be used in most recipes that call for sugar or a sugar substitute
- Kills Candida
SweetLeaf Stevia is available in 35-count box of individual packets, 70-count box of individual packets, Stevia Plus Shaker Bottle, Liquid or Stevia Tabs.
Here is a chart for Stevia use in cooking:
What are your thoughts of Stevia? Have you tried it?
Green Smoothie Recipes:
The information and product was provided to review for this post however all opinions are 100% my own.