Whoopie Pies are fairly easy to make an are perfect for Holiday's. If you have never made these before don't be intimidated. With a Whoopie Pan you will have the best success.
You can also make your own Homemade Whipped Cream Cheese Icing to use as a filling. My husband calls them "love pies" 🙂 I always make them for him on Valentine's Day! Hope your loved one loves these Whoopie Pies as much as we do!
- ½ cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups cake flour sifted
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup milk
- Preheat over to 325. Lightly spray Whoopie Pie Pan with nonstick cooking spray
- In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add half of the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and mix on low speed. When dry ingredients are almost incorporated, stop the mixer and add the milk. Continue to mix on low speed until all the ingredients are combined. Spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into each circle. Spread batter to the edges. Should be ⅔ full.
- Bake for 11 - 13 minutes or until the top of the cake springs back when touched. Allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 8 minutes. Cool completely.
- I chose to fill with vanilla icing and roll in heart shaped sprinkles for Valentines Day. Other fillings include jam or flavored cream cheese.
Valentine's Day Posts:
Other 3 Ingredient Cookie and Treat Recipes
3 INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE FUDGE - You can't get any easier than 3 ingredient chocolate fudge! This is the easiest recipe I have ever seen before for Chocolate Fudge and it doesn't require a candy thermometer.
COCOA MARSHMALLOW TREATS - Cocoa Marshmallow Treats are such a fun and an inventive way to make a kid friendly dessert!
Mallow Treat Bars - This is a great kid-friendly recipe that kids of all ages can assist in making.
Gluten Free Crispy Cocoa Rice Treats - This Gluten Free Crispy Cocoa Rice Treats recipe is amazing and so easy to prepare! They taste so good that you can't tell they are gluten free.
MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT S'MORES - Too cold for S'mores? Think again! Check out this easy and delicious recipe for Microwave Chocolate Hazelnut S'Mores!
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.