Check out this Winter Detox. The winter is a great time to detox. After the holidays give your body a rest and eliminate the sugar and caffeine that you may have been enjoying.
Use it in combination with a whole foods diet. Avoid processed foods and eat fruits, vegetables and drink as much water as possible. Give this a try if you are feeling bloated after all of the holiday eating. This recipe comes from Stephanie Potter, nutritionist. It is a famous health broth recipe for energy, weight loss, and cleansing. She says this is a great fall or wintertime pick me up!
- 3 stalks of celery
- 3 whole zucchini
- 2 cups of string beans
- 1 cup of parsley
- Put 1 cup of water into a stock pot.
- Put the string beans in first and steam for about 5 minutes.
- Then put celery and zucchini into the pot and steam for another 5 - 7 minutes or until tender, but still crisp.
- Do not overcook.
- When done put the water that the vegetables have cooked in into the blender. Follow with the vegetables.
- Blend until liquefied.
- Add a teaspoon of raw unsalted butter and a large handful of parsley.
- Blend again until parsley is liquefied.
- *Optional add 1 clove of garlic.
- *Use organically grown vegetables whenever possible!
Disclaimer: I am not a health care professional and I am not providing medical advise. Always consult with a medical professional before you change your diet or implement a weight loss strategy.
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.