This post may contain affiliate links.
The winter is a great time to detox. This recipe comes from Stephanie Potter, nutritionist. It is a famous health broth recipe for energy, weight loss, and cleansing. She says this is a great fall or winter-time pick me up! Use it in combination with a whole foods diet. Avoid processed foods and eat fruits, vegetables and drink as much water as possible. Give this a try if you are feeling bloated after all of the holiday eating.
- 3 stalks of celery
- 3 whole zucchini
- 2 cups of string beans
- 1 cup of parsley
- Put 1 cup of water into a stock pot.
- Put the string beans in first and steam for about 5 minutes.
- Then put celery and zucchini into the pot and steam for another 5 - 7 minutes or until tender, but still crisp.
- Do not overcook.
- When done put the water that the vegetables have cooked in into the blender. Follow with the vegetables.
- Blend until liquefied.
- Add a teaspoon of raw unsalted butter and a large handful of parsley.
- Blend again until parsley is liquefied.
- *Optional add 1 clove of garlic.
- *Use organically grown vegetables whenever possible!
Disclaimer: I am not a health care professional and I am not providing medical advise. Always consult with a medical professional before you change your diet or implement a weight loss strategy.
Other Posts You May Enjoy: