This Zucchini Pie Recipe is a perfect way to "sneak" in a fresh garden vegetable into a delicious dessert! Everyone loves this when I make it! You can use store bought pie crusts or make your own. Sometimes I add a few apples too if I have them in excess but it is sweet enough without! In fact my husband often begs for Zucchini Pie in the summer 🙂 It is a great way to use excess Zucchini from the garden. We think Zucchini Pie is better than apple!
Zucchini Pie Recipe
Zucchini Pie Recipe
- 2 9 inch pie crusts - or make your own
- 3 cups peeled shredded zucchini
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, cinnamon, lemon juice and allspice.
- Stir until the zucchini is evenly coated and then add the sugar, flour, butter and salt.
- Continue to stir until the mixture is well-blended. Spoon into the prepared (pricked) pie crust. Use some water to wet the rim of the bottom crust which will help both crusts to attach to each other. Cover the pie with top crust, crimping the crusts to flute the edges together. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
You may like these Zucchini Recipes:
How to make homemade marinara – secret ingredient zucchini
Interested in Freezer Cooking?
We have a Freezer Cooking 101 Series that you may enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places. Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun. We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day. Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog.
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.