This Zucchini Pie Recipe is a perfect recipe to “sneak” in a fresh garden vegetable into a delicious dessert! Everyone loves this when I make it! You can use store bought pie crusts or make your own. Sometimes I add a few apples too!
- 2 9 inch pie crusts – or make your own
- 3 cups peeled, shredded zucchini
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1½ tsp ground allspice
- 1¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 TBSP butter
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, cinnamon, lemon juice and allspice.
- Stir until the zucchini is evenly coated and then add the sugar, flour, butter and salt.
- Continue to stir until the mixture is well-blended. Spoon into the prepared (pricked) pie crust. Use some water to wet the rim of the bottom crust which will help both crusts to attach to each other. Cover the pie with top crust, crimping the crusts to flute the edges together. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe comes from allrecipes.com