Creamy Pasta Primavera is a delicious one pot dinner! So easy to make. It only takes 30 minutes to prepare. You could easily make this gluten free by substituting the noodle. I love the included veggies too! If you make it 1/3 block reduced fat cream cheese to lessen the calories a bit, it is 8 points plus on Weight Watchers.
Did you know you Can Freeze Cream Cheese? This is a great money saving tip and can easily be used in this recipe!
Creamy Pasta Primavera
- 3 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Dressing
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1-1/2 cups cut-up fresh asparagus (1-inch lengths)
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken and vegetables; cook 10 to 12 min. or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Add broth and cream cheese; cook 1 min. or until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
- Add Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Drain pasta; return to pot. Add chicken and vegetable mixture; toss lightly.
- Cook 1 min. or until heated through. (Sauce will thicken upon standing.)