Sloppy Joe Pizza is a delicious twist on the traditional Sloppy Joe! You can use this idea to twist it to other types of pizza too! We like this homemade sloppy joe recipe that is so delicious. In fact it is the most requested dinner of my family.
To prepare start by preheating the oven to 425°F. Brown ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Stir in Seasoning Mix, tomato paste and water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn. Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Spoon beef mixture over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired.
Trust me on this one, if your family loves sloppy Joe they are going to fall in love with this pizza! It is a delicious way to turn a classic into something new and exciting for your menu plan.
Other alternatives to this sloppy Joe pizza include:
Taco Pizza: Prepare as directed. Substitute Taco Seasoning Mix for the Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix and use shredded Mexican blend cheese.
Chili Pizza: Prepare as directed. Substitute Chili Seasoning Mix for the Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix and use shredded Cheddar cheese.
We hope you enjoy this delicious Sloppy Joe Pizza as much as we did. It is soon to become a family favorite.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package McCormick® Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 prepared pizza crust (12-inch)
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in Seasoning Mix, tomato paste and water.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn.
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet.
- Spoon beef mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with green onions, if desired.