Cowboy Beans is one of our favorite recipes for the 4th of July. My MIL always makes these and we love this hearty side dish. The best part is that you can start them and then head out to enjoy the parade and they are done when you return! We serve them as a side dish with potato salad and burgers. I hope you enjoy this easy crockpot side dish!
- 2 lb. browned, ground chuck
- 1 can Great Northern beans
- 1 can pork and beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 green pepper, chopped (optional)
- Mix all ingredients, except barbecue sauce. Put mixture in crock pot.
- Put barbecue sauce on top of bean mixture. Don’t stir!!
- Cook on low for 2 hours; then on high for 1 hour.
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts: