How to be an Extreme Couponer

How to be an Extreme Couponer and save thousand of dollars a year from your budget!

Have you always wanted to know how to be an Extreme Couponer if so then check out our 7 Days of Stockpiling series.  It is a great way to get started in saving your family thousands of dollars a year.  Even if you don’t wan to be extreme you can still save your family money!  In this economy saving money with our without coupons is a good thing!

How to be an extreme couponer:

Day 1 -Utilizing Coupon Clippers

Day 2 – Organizing Your Coupons

Day 3 – How Do I Build A Stockpile?

Day 4 - How To Be An Extreme Couponer

Day 5 – What is Overage?

Day 6 – Utilizing the Freezer

Day 7 – Living in the “Land” of Doubles

I do consider myself extreme however to me being extreme is buying enough to last my family through the sales cycle.  I don’t generally purchase 1,000 of product but instead enough to last my family and when I have more than I need, I donate it.

I have been talking about Extreme Couponing long before the TCL show Extreme Couponing aired.  There are times when being extreme makes sense.  For example when I bought 200 bottles of Mentos Gum and over 50 bottles of Lysol last April.  These are two examples of Extreme Couponing.  Do I consider myself Extreme? Yes, however I do want to add that I consider myself Extreme within reason.  My primary goal is to stockpile for my family and donate when I am able.

So, how do you become an extreme couponer?

Our number one piece advice to you is never go to the store without a shopping plan. If you do you will NOT walk out of the door with major savings. Every week you should target what is FREE or near FREE. Then you should target what is at ROCK BOTTOM and “match” what coupons you have and these are the items that you should stockpile.

To “match” compare what stores have the lowest prices, and then “match up” what coupons you have with the sale ads.  Factor in which stores will double coupons when you match.  Also keep track of any “bonus” offers such as if a store accepts digital coupons, Catalina’s earned, bonus gift cards earned or free items earned.

Each week we provide a free matchup of all the deals at Kroger each week:

Also, it is all about Brands and Product Size.  You want to use your coupons on the smallest size allowable based on the wording of your coupon.  This is the product size that will normally net free or near free.  This is a big change for many of you.   Also, you can not be brand loyal if you want to get in on the rock bottom deals.  Check out our post on Brands and Product Size for more information.

You can also check out our Stockpiling 101 Series and Videos.

Ways To Save:

How to Shop at Whole Foods without Spending your Whole Paycheck

5 Ways to Increase Your Savings at Target

7 Ways to Save Money Without Couponing

How to get the Most out of your Sam’s Club Membership

If you are new or just catching up here are our most popular posts:

Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin

Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes

Homemade Fruit Popsicles

Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Cool Whip Treat

Crockpot Pizza Casserole

Dollar Store Bin Makeover

Detox Water

Can You Freeze Cream Cheese?

Downy Unstoppables in my Wax Burner?  Who Knew?

Meatloaf ala Stockpiling Moms

Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Sauce

Follow Stockpiling Moms:

Comments

1. Andrea Reyes says:

Ladies please help me understand to policy of how to coupon I’m eager to be an EXTREME COUPONER.

2. I’m new to the vegan lifestyle and am eager to become an extreme coupon-er. I am also very big on DIY so I’m always on the lookout for affordable essential oils and key items like baking soda, corn starch, and coconut oil. Any help (coupon websites, affordable websites, stores, and even recipes and vegan websites, etc…) that anyone can offer me would be greatly appreciated!!

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says:

You can use the same strategies that we use – I don’t know of any Vegan Coupon Blogs though.

3. brittany pleasant says:

hi my name is brittany an i am trying to become an extreme couponer i need help bad lol. so can some one please help he out thank your

4. Scheniqua thornton says:

Ha I’m looking for someone to do some extreme couponing for me n allow me to watch to learn as well .if there is anyone who would love to take on the challenge with a 300 to 400 dollar budget

5. Ashley Tilson says:

Hey everyone, my name is Ashley Tilson and I am 15 hoping to become a Extreme Couponer the reason because I want to save money for my family and a lot because they spend a lot of money on my softball(Love softball hope to sign with someone when I am done with high school) and this will be the only way to get my dad home for good. Some people may think that I am too young to try but what the heck gotta try it!!(:

6. Jackie Dahl says:

Hey I am Jackie I’m 16 and I will love to become an Extreme Couponer. my family is really tight on money and I think that this will be a good way to save. So if someone can help me I would really love the help. Just want thing to be ok in my family food is what we buy a lot and spend a lot of money on, really need the help please and thank you!!
    OXOX
    Jackie D.

7. Help I am a single mom of 4 i need and want to be a extreme couponer HELP HELP

8. alejandra says:

Hi yeah i am new to this and i was wondering if anybody could help me since i kinda dont understand how it should start and I need a budget of 100 .. in order to feed tree people plus needing to buy dippers for adult and baby foods..

9. alejandra says:

I really wanna become a extreme coupon in order to support my family … i really need the help taking care of my family and my grandmother … thank you for your time and hope you can help me out …

10. After watching the show on TLC I would LOVE to learn how to be a extreme couponer. I am a single mother of two and A LOT of the time I of run very low on food at the end of the month. PLZ HELP!

11. SO recently I have been watching the show extreme couponing. I am only 18 years old but have many people in my family. Money is always tight and I feel like with the right help if I can become a person who uses coupons my family life will be a lot better. I have not the slightest idea about couponing and would love if someone can help me step by step. I need someone that I can talk to and ask Questions to. Please help!

12. Hello would like to know more about couponing and saving hard times have bin going on with my family. Currently living 6 peeople (one pregnant) and a newborn in our home hard to feed everyone with only one family member working

13. I dont understand..If a coupon is $100.00 off of three ..does that mean you buy three and a dollar off each one or do you take a dollar off the total of three

14. I will love to know how to safe some money doing this.so i can provide a little more for my family,our budget is $200 a month for a family of 5,we always get almost nothing..please help. And thank you for your help.. sincerely Roberto

15. Hi I am really interested in becoming an extreme couponer times are hard and I have some questions so I could get started I would really appreciate the help thanks

16. Thank you for the tips!

17. Maddie Marshall says:

Hey guys! Im a college student with 0 cash saved up for clothes, makeup etc. you know, typical stuff girls my age like. I was wondering if extreme couponing would work for retail. For example if I have a coupon to Victoria’s Secret for 30% off a bra, is there any way I can get like 25 for 3 bucks or something like that. I would really like to become a retail extreme coupon-er but I don’t know how and where to start? I’d really appreciate any advice or tips (: thanks