8 ounces dry ziti pasta, cooked, drained and kept warm
2 teaspoons olive oil
12 ounces mild Italian sausage links, casings removed
6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 (15-ounce) packages BUITONI® Marinara Sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, (6 ounces)
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400° F (205°C). Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
2. Heat olive oil in large saucepan. Add sausage; cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Drain.
3. Add mushrooms and fennel; cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender. Add sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Add pasta to sauce mixture; toss well to coat. Spoon into prepared baking dish; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Thanks to Cooksrecipes.com for the recipe and picture!