7 Layer Bars

7 LAYER BARS Taste AMAZING!

7 Layer Bars are amazing! These are hands down my families favorite dessert for the holidays! You can’t go wrong with 7 layers of deliciousness! Oh so good. There is just no way to eat one! I am personally not a coconut fan and love them!

5.0 from 1 reviews
7 Layer Bars
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 16

• 1 stick margarine, melted in pan
  • 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 5 oz
  • ½ package of chocolate chips
  • ½ package of butterscotch chips
  • 1 cup chop nuts (pecans)
  1. Combine margarine and cracker crumbs and pat into dish to form a crust.
  2. Layer all ingredients in order listed in 9 x13
  3. Bake 350 degrees
  4. Cool and cut

Comments

1. Lauren Money says:

So, how long at 350 degrees do you cook these?

2. Susan Herlan says:

How long do you bake? sounds yummy and would love to make.

3. Lauren & Susan,
    I use this exact same recipe and mine says to bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.

This recipe has been in our family for many years. The bars are delicious, and a favorite of so many people!

4. Susan Herlan says:

oops, never mind I see the 20 minutes bake time now.

5. These are so good and addictive. I recommend making these!

6. My Mom used to make these all the time! I have to agree with Samantha…very addictive!

7. I love 7 layer bars!

8. I can’t wait to try this one. Look so yummy…

9. This could be my new fav. cookies!

10. My hubi will be impressed when I make this one.

11. my mouth is watering… mmm!

12. Bridget Heiple Reich says:

These look awesome!!! I’m guessing they are not low fat!! :)

13. I’ve never used Butterscotch Chips in baking before, but I have such a sweet tooth I have to try this recipe!

14. This looks delicious! I love pecans and coconut together!

15. My hubby’s favorite- I think it sounds like dessert tonight :)

16. Christine Beasley says:

these have been a favorite for years

17. These are always a hit.

18. These look great! Can’t wait to try them :)

19. LeAnne J. says:

ohhhh…these look fun too!!

20. I have been looking for a good recipe for these~thanks so much!

21. mary fanara coleman says:

I have made something similar before..yummm

22. I loved these as a kid, thanks for bringing them to my attention again!

23. Susie Williams says:

Sounds delicious!

24. $ Frugal Mom says:

Not a fan of nuts or coconut so I will have to come up with a chocolate-peanut butter bar. Love peanut butter.

• Frugal Mom,
      Here’s a yummy (and awesome) recipe for peanut butter bars.

PEANUT BUTTER BARS
      2 cups crushed graham crackers
      3 cups powdered sugar
      1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
      2 sticks melted butter
      Mix all ingredients together and pat into a 9×13 pan. Melt one (12 oz.) pkg. of chocolate chips and spread over top.
      You can use any flavor chocolate chips.

• ooops! I meant “yummy (and easy)”!

25. I use walnuts in my 7 layer bars! Yum!

26. Brenda Gaines says:

this is great and sounds good, never had them before

27. Thanks for sharing this one, I an gonna try it. Sounds easy and I think it will please the family.

28. Georgette says:

We love these! Haven’t made them in awhile — thanks for reminding me:)

29. not sure how long to bake but, sounds great.

• Vickie,
      If you’re referring to the Peanut Butter bars recipe that I posted, you do not bake them. Some people think they taste similar to a Reese’s peanut butter cup. I think they just taste great, regardless!

30. These sound wonderful, although if I wanted to share them with my husband I would have to omit the coconut.

31. Yummmmy! This looks great

32. Mmmm these sound good, minus the coconut.

33. Yum! Can I have a bite right now? Those look good!

34. these look yummy. Must go check my cupboards for ingredients now…

35. It looks so yummy. Hope I have all ingredients.

36. Made these tonight! They are fantastic!

37. I’ve made these and they’re a family favorite. My recipe didn’t use the nuts, though, so I’ll definitely be copying this one. :-)
    Katharina angelsandmusic[at]gmail[dot]com

38. These look delicious and would make a great sweet treat to eat during the game tomorrow.l

39. Tracy Eubanks says:

these are yummy

40. This sounds so good!

41. these look so good would have to omit the coconut though because my son is allergic to it

42. Sharon McCartney says:

Love making these! They are so easy & so delisious!!!

43. these look so tasty and I bet fattening. Pecans add a little healthy twist to it

44. Laura Hodges says:

I will love having you as part of my pinterest family…. I pinned the 7 layer bars under my dig in pins because they look like if I have one I will have to have two… YUMMY! This year I have decided to make the grown and young childrens stocking fun!! They enjoy the stocking time of our Christmas and having 5 grown kids I start months in advance to start getting those blow them away stocking stuffers…. Also I want to share with you if you want to share with your group go to facebook PNP site and be sure and make your kiddos the free message video from Santa they are AMAZING!

45. reba morris says:

Pinned this recipe, sounds awesome.