- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Hot mashed potatoes, optional
- Cut roast in half.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, onion powder and mustard.
- Add pork, one portion at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour broth over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.
- Remove pork and keep warm.
- Let pork stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Strain cooking juices, reserving 2-1/2 cups juices; skim fat from reserved juices. Transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with gravy and mashed potatoes if desired.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
If you like this recipe you may also like: