Crockpot Honey Pork and Apples
Easy Crockpot Meatloaf2

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole

My favorite breakfast recipe!  So easy to make and you wake up to deliciousness!

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning.  My family loves breakfast casserole and I always make it when our family comes to visit.  I love how EASY this recipe is!

This breakfast crockpot casserole recipe is super easy to make and you can wake up to a delicious breakfast that is ready to serve right away!  I used a 6 quart crockpot and a slow cooker liner for this recipe to make cleanup easy.  I love how easy it is to prepare and really helps to free up an oven for holiday’s.  If you want to make this in the oven I am sure using a 9×13 you could bake at 350 for an hour.  I haven’t tried that though because I like using my crockpot and keeping my oven free.

All you need to do is pour the coffee and orange juice and get out the plates and silverware. The kids loved this breakfast just as much as the adults!  Based on your crock pot you may want to start watching this at 7 hours to be sure it doesn’t get overdone.  I find that one of my crock pots heats a little “hotter” than another one.  You could also substitute any meat or make this a vegetarian option if you want!

Remember if you like this post then “Pin It” – it is a great way to bookmark the ideas, recipes, DIY, crafts and tips that will help you later!  I like to serve this with Breakfast Fruit Salad.

4.9 from 7 reviews
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
Recipe type: Crockpot
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 8-10

• 1 dozen eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 package (32 oz.) frozen hash brown potatoes
  • 1 lb of sausage, browned and drained or 1lb of bacon, cooked and crumbled (or use both)
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese or colby jack - shredded
  • ¼ teaspoon dry mustard (optional)
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon black pepper
  • ½ cup green onions - diced (optional)
  • 1 green pepper - diced (optional)
  1. Spray your crockpot with no stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner and spray it.
  2. Layer frozen potatoes, bacon or sausage, onions (if using), green pepper (if using) and 1 cup shredded cheese in the crock pot in two or three layers.
  3. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese over the top evenly.
  4. Beat the eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper together.
  5. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese evenly in the crockpot.
  6. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked, start this at midnight and wake up to a delicious breakfast!
  7. Serve and enjoy!
Notes
I used a crockpot liner sprayed with non-stick cooking spray for easy clean-up. The casserole may burn along the edges a little bit so watch your time the last hour.

SPM-Pin-it-here

Follow Stockpiling Moms’s board Crockpot Recipes on Pinterest.

Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:

Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin

Homemade Fruit Popsicles

Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Cool Whip Treat

Dollar Store Bin Makeover

Detox Water

Can You Freeze Cream Cheese?

Downy Unstoppables in my Wax Burner? Who Knew?

Meatloaf ala Stockpiling Moms

Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Sauce

Follow Stockpiling Moms:

Yum

Comments

1. Pam says

What size of crock pot is it that you used? I couldn’t really tell by the picture if it was a standard size or a bigger one. Thanks!! .

2. Guest says

What is the serving size for this recipe? I was thinking of making it this week for a couple guests that will be staying with me. Thanks!

3. Heather Baria says

What size is your crock pot? I have a larger sized one so assuming I can cut down on the amount of cooking time?

4. j... says

I see both bacon and sausage listed as ingredients…but I don’t see in the recipe that you add sausage. Do you use both…or just one of the meats? Thanks for your help.

• Liese says

@ J – I was wondering the same thing. I see cheese listed twice in the instructions, so I’m assuming it’s a typo and one of the cheeses should have been sausage?

• Kellie Fulton says

I made this last night for a bunch of ladies I was having over for breakfast this morning. I, too, noticed the error, but not until AFTER I had cooked both meats; decided to use both. Was really good! The only change I would make is to omit the green pepper, but that’s b/c I don’t like peppers to begin w/. Everything else was great.

As for the size of the crock pot, a large one is necessary. There were 8 of us & approx 6 servings remained, so….it would be a great dish to make for a crowd….or, if you just happen to like having left overs. Definitely a recipe I’ll make again.

5. Casey says

I made this, last night, wish I would have checked on it throughout the morning… it was very overdone after 11.5 hours :( black all around the edges and the flavors were very muddled. Next time I’ll try a few less hours.

• Kellie Fulton says

I cooked mine for about the same time; the bottom browned more than I would’ve liked, but didn’t get black. As for the flavors muddling, didn’t have that issue either–got great reviews. Hope you give it another try; it really is worth the time & effort of putting it together.

6. Myrissa says

Happy Thanksgiving! I just made this recipe for Thanksgiving morning and I haven’t tasted it yet but it’s only been cooking for 7 hours and its done!! It maybe because I have a brand new crockpot….but just wanted to share . The sides are brown seem a little too brown but I think it will be just fine. Also, I added red peppers and 1/2 of a jalapeño….I live in Texas sooooo gotta make it spicy!!

7. Emma says

What happened to the recipe for Crockpot Pizza Casserole?????
    I have been looking all over your site for it. I saw it the other day – today I was going to make it but it has disappeared.

Thanks,
    Emma

8. says

You are right this will be a great casserole to wake up to. Thanks so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday and enjoy your Thanksgiving week!
    Come Back Soon
    Miz Helen

9. says

What a great Casserole to wake up to. Hope you are staying warm and cozy in this cold weather and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says

Yes, I would think you need to watch it still at the same time as it will depend on your crockpot.

10. MaryJane says

Looks delicious. Going to treat my Family to this the next time they come. Thanks for sharing.

11. Linda L says

Can you tell me aprox. how many cups or ounces of hash browns this needs? I don’t buy commercial hash browns, I make my own. Thanks! recipe looks amazing!

12. Briannachantel says

Do I need to cook the sausage before putting it in the crackpot? I’m sure this is a silly question but I have never used one before.

13. says

This looks delicious! I like what you mentioned about keeping your oven free, we’re the same way. We normally have a huge pot of breakfast casserole cooking over night and some monkey bread rising. Pop it in the oven, fix the coffee, and wait for folks to start lining up for breakfast.

Thanks for the recipe, I’m saving it even for those (rare) lazy Saturdays I don’t want to fool with getting up early!

14. says

I’m going to do a trial run this weekend to get the timing down. I’m hoping to make this Christmas morning for everyone when they come over! thank you :)

15. ashley says

Its just me and my husband. How would you suggest making this a smaller portion so i don’t waste a lot of food? Thank you

16. Ruby Cat says

I made this recipe last night to take to work today for my staff. It turned out AWESOME and was completely devoured. I used 6 quart crock and it only took about 5 hours on low. The edges and bottom were nice and crispy brown, while the inside moist and delicious. I sprayed the inside of the crock with cooking spray before adding ingredients and had absolutely no problems with clean up. I followed the recipe’s basic ingredient quantities and substituted cubed turkey ham and bacon bits for the meat part. I may have used slightly more milk, I just eye-balled it going in. I added one diced yellow onion with the green onion, added onion & garlic powder, dry basil, (salt & pepper of course) left out the diced pepper due to picky eaters. But seriously, the variations on what you could add to this basic recipe are endless!!! I will FOR SURE make this again!!! Thank you

17. Natalia Catlett says

Thanks for this recipe. I took this casserole to a women’s breakfast. It was super easy to prep but I worry that the cook time was too long because it dried out and overly browned my edges- cooked per the recipe. I will make this again in the future and stick to sausage instead of bacon as I think the extra grease will add flavor and moisture. Will also sub yellow onions for part of the green peppers AND mix the ingredients before adding the eggs.

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says

I agree the sausage does add more moisture than the bacon – as we note on this recipe cooking times vary by crockpot.

18. Trudy says

Recipe says to layer frozen potatoes, bacon or sausage, onions and I cup shredded cheese “in two or three layers”. Does this mean that you layer potatoes, bacon, onions, cheese, followed by another layer of potatoes, bacon onions, cheese, etc.? Sorry if it’s a stupid question but I want to be sure I do it correctly. Thanks!