Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning. My family loves breakfast casserole and I always make it when our family comes to visit. I love how EASY this recipe is!
This breakfast crockpot casserole recipe is super easy to make and you can wake up to a delicious breakfast that is ready to serve right away! I used a 6 quart crockpot and a slow cooker liner for this recipe to make cleanup easy. I love how easy it is to prepare and really helps to free up an oven for holiday’s. If you want to make this in the oven I am sure using a 9×13 you could bake at 350 for an hour. I haven’t tried that though because I like using my crockpot and keeping my oven free.
All you need to do is pour the coffee and orange juice and get out the plates and silverware. The kids loved this breakfast just as much as the adults! Based on your crock pot you may want to start watching this at 7 hours to be sure it doesn’t get overdone. I find that one of my crock pots heats a little “hotter” than another one. You could also substitute any meat or make this a vegetarian option if you want!
Remember if you like this post then “Pin It” – it is a great way to bookmark the ideas, recipes, DIY, crafts and tips that will help you later!
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (32 oz.) frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 lb of sausage, browned and drained or 1lb of bacon, cooked and crumbled (or use both)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese or colby jack – shredded
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup green onions – diced (optional)
- 1 green pepper – diced (optional)
- Spray your crockpot with no stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner and spray it.
- Layer potatoes, bacon or sausage, onions (if using), green pepper (if using) and 1 pound shredded cheese in the crock pot in two or three layers.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 pound shredded cheese over the top evenly.
- Beat the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper together.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese evenly in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked, start this at midnight and wake up to a delicious breakfast!
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to follow Stockpiling Moms on Pinterest for more inspiration!
If you are new or just catching up here are our most popular posts:
Ways to save at the store:
- Weekly Deals at Kroger