Crockpot Breakfast Casserole

My favorite breakfast recipe!  So easy to make and you wake up to deliciousness!

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning.  My family loves breakfast casserole and I always make it when our family comes to visit.  I love how EASY this recipe is!

This breakfast crockpot casserole recipe is super easy to make and you can wake up to a delicious breakfast that is ready to serve right away!  I used a 6 quart crockpot and a slow cooker liner for this recipe to make cleanup easy.  I love how easy it is to prepare and really helps to free up an oven for holiday’s.  If you want to make this in the oven I am sure using a 9×13 you could bake at 350 for an hour.  I haven’t tried that though because I like using my crockpot and keeping my oven free.

All you need to do is pour the coffee and orange juice and get out the plates and silverware. The kids loved this breakfast just as much as the adults!  Based on your crock pot you may want to start watching this at 7 hours to be sure it doesn’t get overdone.  I find that one of my crock pots heats a little “hotter” than another one.  You could also substitute any meat or make this a vegetarian option if you want!

Remember if you like this post then “Pin It” – it is a great way to bookmark the ideas, recipes, DIY, crafts and tips that will help you later!  I like to serve this with Breakfast Fruit Salad.

5.0 from 5 reviews
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
Recipe type: Crockpot
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 8-10

• 1 dozen eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 package (32 oz.) frozen hash brown potatoes
  • 1 lb of sausage, browned and drained or 1lb of bacon, cooked and crumbled (or use both)
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese or colby jack - shredded
  • ¼ teaspoon dry mustard (optional)
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon black pepper
  • ½ cup green onions - diced (optional)
  • 1 green pepper - diced (optional)
  1. Spray your crockpot with no stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner and spray it.
  2. Layer frozen potatoes, bacon or sausage, onions (if using), green pepper (if using) and 1 cup shredded cheese in the crock pot in two or three layers.
  3. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese over the top evenly.
  4. Beat the eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper together.
  5. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese evenly in the crockpot.
  6. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked, start this at midnight and wake up to a delicious breakfast!
  7. Serve and enjoy!
Notes
I used a crockpot liner sprayed with non-stick cooking spray for easy clean-up. The casserole may burn along the edges a little bit so watch your time the last hour.

SPM-Pin-it-here

Follow Stockpiling Moms’s board Crockpot Recipes on Pinterest.

Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:

Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin

Homemade Fruit Popsicles

Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Cool Whip Treat

Dollar Store Bin Makeover

Detox Water

Can You Freeze Cream Cheese?

Downy Unstoppables in my Wax Burner? Who Knew?

Meatloaf ala Stockpiling Moms

Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Sauce

Ways to save at the store:

Follow Stockpiling Moms:

Delicious Crockpot Recipes :

Comments

1. You are welcome!

2. What size of crock pot is it that you used? I couldn’t really tell by the picture if it was a standard size or a bigger one. Thanks!! .

3. Used this recipe to help me adapt a recipe using potatoes, since I can’t buy hashbrowns here (China). Worked great! Thanks for the inspiration.

4. What is the serving size for this recipe? I was thinking of making it this week for a couple guests that will be staying with me. Thanks!

5. This is an awesome recipe gonna try this on Sunday :) I shared on my blog with a link back.
    Thanks for sharing!!

6. DAnielle says:

What size crockpot?

7. Heather Baria says:

What size is your crock pot? I have a larger sized one so assuming I can cut down on the amount of cooking time?

8. I am thinking that with all those ingredients and their portions it has to be a large crockpot

9. I see both bacon and sausage listed as ingredients…but I don’t see in the recipe that you add sausage. Do you use both…or just one of the meats? Thanks for your help.

• @ J – I was wondering the same thing. I see cheese listed twice in the instructions, so I’m assuming it’s a typo and one of the cheeses should have been sausage?

• Kellie Fulton says:

I made this last night for a bunch of ladies I was having over for breakfast this morning. I, too, noticed the error, but not until AFTER I had cooked both meats; decided to use both. Was really good! The only change I would make is to omit the green pepper, but that’s b/c I don’t like peppers to begin w/. Everything else was great.

As for the size of the crock pot, a large one is necessary. There were 8 of us & approx 6 servings remained, so….it would be a great dish to make for a crowd….or, if you just happen to like having left overs. Definitely a recipe I’ll make again.

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says:

I would choose 1 or the other.

10. I made this, last night, wish I would have checked on it throughout the morning… it was very overdone after 11.5 hours :( black all around the edges and the flavors were very muddled. Next time I’ll try a few less hours.

• Kellie Fulton says:

I cooked mine for about the same time; the bottom browned more than I would’ve liked, but didn’t get black. As for the flavors muddling, didn’t have that issue either–got great reviews. Hope you give it another try; it really is worth the time & effort of putting it together.

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says:

10 hours works best I find in my crockpot. I use a 6 qt.

11. Happy Thanksgiving! I just made this recipe for Thanksgiving morning and I haven’t tasted it yet but it’s only been cooking for 7 hours and its done!! It maybe because I have a brand new crockpot….but just wanted to share . The sides are brown seem a little too brown but I think it will be just fine. Also, I added red peppers and 1/2 of a jalapeño….I live in Texas sooooo gotta make it spicy!!

12. What happened to the recipe for Crockpot Pizza Casserole?????
    I have been looking all over your site for it. I saw it the other day – today I was going to make it but it has disappeared.

Thanks,
    Emma

13. Think I will try this on thanksgiving morning looks aweome!

14. We love this recipe! It is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning!

15. I love how easy this looks! Pinning for later. Thanks!

16. I love easy breakfast ideas! Would love for you to come and share at my link party.

17. You are right this will be a great casserole to wake up to. Thanks so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday and enjoy your Thanksgiving week!
    Come Back Soon
    Miz Helen

18. Is it really 2 lbs cheese or 2 cups?

19. A breakfast casserole in a crock pot….I can’t wait to try this! Thanks

20. What a great Casserole to wake up to. Hope you are staying warm and cozy in this cold weather and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

21. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Have a great weekend and enjoy your new Red Plate.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

22. Miss Linda says:

If you divide recipe in half, is the cooking time dived in half also?

23. can this recipe be doubled in an 8qt. crockpot? And if so,for how long?

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says:

Yes, I would think you need to watch it still at the same time as it will depend on your crockpot.

24. This is the my favorite breakfast casserole recipe ever! Love it made in the crockpot!

25. Can this be made ahead and frozen?

26. MaryJane says:

Looks delicious. Going to treat my Family to this the next time they come. Thanks for sharing.

27. allison alexander says:

This looks delish…and great for when you have company. :)

28. Maralea says:

Love how easy this is! Thank you for sharing, can’t wait to make it!

29. This will be perfect when family is in town!

30. This sounds yummy for anytime of the year. thx

31. I was wondering if this is one of those recipes that can be adapted for freezer cooking.

32. Can you tell me aprox. how many cups or ounces of hash browns this needs? I don’t buy commercial hash browns, I make my own. Thanks! recipe looks amazing!

33. Briannachantel says:

Do I need to cook the sausage before putting it in the crackpot? I’m sure this is a silly question but I have never used one before.

34. This looks delicious! I like what you mentioned about keeping your oven free, we’re the same way. We normally have a huge pot of breakfast casserole cooking over night and some monkey bread rising. Pop it in the oven, fix the coffee, and wait for folks to start lining up for breakfast.

Thanks for the recipe, I’m saving it even for those (rare) lazy Saturdays I don’t want to fool with getting up early!

35. I’m going to do a trial run this weekend to get the timing down. I’m hoping to make this Christmas morning for everyone when they come over! thank you :)