Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are perfect for holidays or special occasions when you want to make your side and then place into the crockpot and forget it until serving time! This works well for me when I have a busy afternoon ahead. I make my potatoes and then place them into the crockpot to run my errands and then at dinner time we have a hot side ready to go!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 5 pounds red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the potatoes, garlic, and bouillon until potatoes are tender but firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving water. In a bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, adding reserved water as needed to desired consistency.
- Transfer the potato mixture to a slow cooker, cover, and cook on Low for 2 to 3 hours. Just before serving, stir in butter and season with salt and pepper to taste (if desired)
Freezer Crockpot Recipes:
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Ways to save at the store:
- Weekly Deals at Kroger
Follow Stockpiling Moms: