Colored Deviled Eggs are perfect for Easter! These festive deviled eggs would make a beautiful dish for the buffet that is for sure! I would follow this for how to dye the eggs but then I would use my Mom’s recipe – Linda’s Deviled Eggs for the filling – the best ever
A helpful tip – if you want bright eggs use more food coloring! The vinegar will not leave a taste it is set the color. I also suggest draining each color on it’s own paper towel.
This is a great post on how to make hardboiled eggs in the oven or how to hard cook them traditionally on the stove top.
- 10 lg hard boiled eggs
- 3 dash(es) food coloring
- 1 tsp vinegar for each color you are using
- Remove the shells from the hard boiled eggs and slice each egg in half
- Remove the yolks from the egg halves and place in a bowl. Set the yolks aside.
- Get enough glasses or mugs for the number of colors you want to use. Fill the mugs or glasses ⅔ of the way full with cold water.
- Add 3 drops of desired food coloring along with 1 tsp vinegar to each mug or cup.
- Place egg whites in the mugs and allow to sit in the food coloring until desired color is reached. I could fit 3 egg whites in each of my mugs at a time.
- Remove whites from dye and drain on a plate lined with a couple of paper towels.
- Then follow the recipe for Linda’s Deviled Eggs for the filling.
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Ways to save at the store:
- Weekly Deals at Kroger
Follow Stockpiling Moms:
- 10 Educational Activities To Do With Easter Eggs
- Applewood Julep
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Avocado Egg Salad Wrap
- Blueberry Jello Salad
- Bunny Patch Dessert
- Can you freeze eggs
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Carrot Cake Pops
- Coffee Filter Easter Eggs
- Colored Deviled Eggs
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- DIY Easter Peep S’more Kit
- DIY Fabric Wall Decals (Spring and Easter Fun)
- Easter Brunch Recipes
- Easter Bunny Bread Recipe
- Easter Bunny Cupcakes Recipe
- Easter Candy Pouches
- Easter Card – “Thumbunny Loves You”
- Easter Egg Coloring Trick – Use a Wire Whisk
- Easy Bunny Cupcake
- Easy Eggs
- Easy Spring Wreath
- Egg Roundup for Easter
- Garden Tip – Use Boiled Egg Water To Water Plants
- Gluten Free Easter Candy List
- Grape Salad
- Ham with Pineapple Sauce
- How to crack and separate an egg with a knife
- How to hard cook an egg
- How to make “Hardboiled” Eggs in the Oven
- How to slice the perfect egg…easy as 1,2,3
- How-To Peel a Hard Cooked Egg
- Linda’s Deviled Eggs
- Monkey Bread
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Spring Pea Salad
- Sunflower Peeps Cake