I love this idea for Colored Deviled Eggs that I Found on Pinterest! Colored Deviled Eggs are perfect for Easter! I know that it would make a beautiful dish for the buffet that is for sure! I would follow this for how to dye the eggs but then I would use my Mom’s recipe – Linda’s Deviled Eggs for the filling – the best ever
This is a great post on how to make hardboiled eggs in the oven or how to hard cook them traditionally on the stove top.
- 10 lg hard boiled eggs
- 3 dash(es) food coloring
- 1 tsp vinegar for each color you are using
- Remove the shells from the hard boiled eggs and slice each egg in half
- Remove the yolks from the egg halves and place in a bowl. Set the yolks aside.
- Get enough glasses or mugs for the number of colors you want to use. Fill the mugs or glasses ⅔ of the way full with cold water.
- Add 3 drops of desired food coloring along with 1 tsp vinegar to each mug or cup.
- Place egg whites in the mugs and allow to sit in the food coloring until desired color is reached. I could fit 3 egg whites in each of my mugs at a time.
- Remove whites from dye and drain on a plate lined with a couple of paper towels.
- Then follow the recipe for Linda’s Deviled Eggs for the filling.
Thanks to Just A Pinch for this idea and image.
Be sure to follow Stockpiling Moms on Pinterest for more inspiration!