Crockpot Honey Pork and Apples
Easy Crockpot Meatloaf2

Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin

Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin is perfect for portion control and cooks in only 20 minutes!  I will never use a loaf pan again!

Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin is the perfect way to cook meatloaf.  My husband LOVES meatloaf and it is a super easy meal to prepare however when prepared in a loaf pan it takes so long. It heats up the house and often times I have to worry about if it is “done” in the middle or not.  When I mentioned it to my Mom she reminded me that she used to make meatloaf this way when we were little to save cooking time (always listen to your Mom).   I knew immediately by using meatloaf in a muffin tin my meatloaf worries were over.  Be sure to Re-Pin this post.

Instead of using a loaf pan use a muffin tin! It cuts your baking time down to only 20 minutes (bake at 400 degrees) AND best of all it is perfect for portion control! It is not always easy to cut traditional meatloaf into large slices but with this method you can really watch your portion size and serve them nicely.  You can easily use them later in the week or for leftovers.  I found that there was little fat that rose to the top that I was able to remove with a paper towel :-)

Another tip is to use plastic gloves when you prepare your meatloaf.  It really cuts down on the clean up!  You can also flash freeze the muffin cups (raw) and then bake them when you are ready. A great freezer cooking technique.  Read this post on how to freeze meatloaf.

You can use ANY meatloaf recipe for this process.  Here are several that we love!

Meatloaf Recipes:

Melissa’s Meatloaf Recipe

Brown Sugar Meatloaf

Gluten Free Meatloaf

Easy Crockpot Meatloaf

Paleo Meatloaf

Meatloaf 101 Recipe

Italian Meatloaf Recipe

SPM-Pin-it-here

If you are new or just catching up here are our most popular posts:

Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes

Homemade Fruit Popsicles

Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Cool Whip Treat

Crockpot Pizza Casserole

Dollar Store Bin Makeover

Detox Water

Can You Freeze Cream Cheese?

Downy Unstoppables in my Wax Burner?  Who Knew?

Meatloaf ala Stockpiling Moms

Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Sauce

Follow Stockpiling Moms:

Comments

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says

I use 93/7 beef so I don’t have much drainage. I did try this and it works really well. You can also flash freeze the muffin cups (raw) then bake them when you are ready.

• Christine Johnson says

You *could* dedicate a muffin tin to mini-meatloaves and poke a hole in the bottom of each one, on the same edge, so if you tilted them slightly in a pan in the oven, the grease would come out that way. Seems like a lot of clean-up tho. I’ve never found that getting grease off of meat loaves or cooked meat was difficult–take them out individually and drain them on paper towel or clean newsprint. That should work too.

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says

Good idea – I found the “fat actually rose to the top and I was able to remove it easily with a paper towel. Hope that helps!

1. Anon says

Since you originally found this on Pinterest then you should be linking to the original Pin not taking credit for it on your own blog.

2. Elli says

I have seen these mini meatloaves a few places…also in the deli at Raley’s grocery store…so no worries on who came up with the idea.
    I top mine with mashed potato ‘frosting’ and my daughter calls them meatloaf cupcakes. Drizzle brown gravy on top and supply a vegetable. Wonderful dinner!

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says

You can use any meatloaf recipe – You bake for 15 – 20 minutes at 400 degree’s. I have a link to my recipe in the post.

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says

Double – you would need to thaw them prior to cooking for the best results (not drying them out). You can thaw them out in your fridge for 24 hours then bake by placing them back in a muffin cup.

3. Kimberley says

I had already pinned the muffin tin meatloaf recipe previously and we have had it several times. GREAT for kids! Perfect portion sizes.

4. Lillie McEntyre says

Just repinned…this one sounds like it will be a regular at our house. Great recipe and another entry for the Kenmore Freezer…thanks.

5. Alicia says

My grandma (always listen to her too!) taught me to put 2 slices of dry, day old bread in the pan before putting in the ground beef when making meatloaf. The bread soaks up the grease, and is easily removed after it is cooked. I imagine you could use a biscuit cutter for bread slices to fit in the muffin tin for grease soaking.

6. Sheila says

Could someone tell me how much a 1/2 bottle of chili sauce is? The jar I have is huge and I am not sure how much to use!
    This is tonight’s dinner so if someone has the answer, that would be great!
    thanks!

7. Christine says

We make these ALL the time after seeing Rachel Ray make them a few years back. We just had them for dinner tonight. Funny story though I dropped a few to my dad one day and he only heard me say “muffins” missed me say the meatloaf part. Later that day with a nice cup of tea he cut one in half slathered on some butter and jam and then proceeded to eat it thinking I was a bad cook. :) he knows the truth now and said “oh…for meatloaf they were good!”

8. Sybil says

Just came across this on pinterest and wanted to add a note. I have used muffins pans for the mini-meatloaf and it works great but clean up is a bear. Then I discovered the Pampered Chef prep cups and I never looked back. They are made of glass so clean up is a breeze. They also have plastic storage lids so you can refeigerate left overs!

9. Stephanie S. says

I made a similar version of these last week, and they’re a huge hit with my family. I use a ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar glaze topping and it is delicious!

10. a says

I prefer to cook mine on a cookie sheet or other flat sheet. Line w/ foil and shape single serve flat loaves. It has the same effect on cook time and portion size. But I think the clean up is easier since muffin tins are a pain to clean if not done right away.

11. Drayanna Lambert says

We use to put a slice of bread in the cup. Pat it in and then fill with the meat loaf. We always cut the crust off the bread.

12. lizb1979 says

Made this EXACTLY as directed except added some bell pepper from the garden. DELISH!!! My husband who is quite the meatloaf fan gave this two thunbs up and said it is his new favorite!!! Served with mashed taters and green beans, what could be better??? THANK YOU!!!

13. Kathy Kelly says

I have been making these for years. I like to make a basic meat loaf recipe and divide it into portions. One I leave one as is, one I add taco seasoning and the last I add Italian seasoning. I roll each into 4 balls and place in the muffin tin. I top the basic with a little catchup and brown sugar, the taco with a little salsa, and the Italian with a little spaghetti sauce. I bake mine and then divide and freeze. This is a great way for some one cooking for 1 or 2 to use a pound of hamburger and still have some variety.

14. FLO says

MY MOM USED TO MAKE MEATLOAF THIS WAY BECAUSE US KIDS WOULDN’T EAT ONIONS ETC. THIS WAY SHE MADE A FEW PLAIN MINI MEATLOAFS FOR US & THEN THE REST OF THE GROUND BEEF GOT DOCTORED UP FOR HER & MY DAD. SAVED A LOT OF WHINING AT THE DINNER TABLE!

15. says

I do this too! I always make enough for multiple meals and freeze them once cooked. Once frozen, I store them in a zip bag.

I also freeze tomato sauce in muffin tins and bag the resulting pucks. I “muffin” of tomato sauce is enough for a spaghetti lunch for dh or two servings as part of dinner.

16. aprila says

such a good idea. I love how it would help with portion control. Thanks for linking up at Tell Me About It Tuesday. We hope you hop over and share with us again next week.

17. says

What a great idea! I’m pinning this for sure. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

My weekly Say G’Day linky party starts this weekend so please pop by and join in if you have a minute!

Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

18. says

I just love the versatility of this. Each family member can create their own mini-meatloaf if they want. I would put chopped olives in mine and I know hubby would load his up with bacon Found your recipe at Melt in your Mouth Mondays. I am one of the hostesses of Tasty Tuesdays and would love you to stop by and link up this recipe if you have not yet already. Here is the link http://bit.ly/1g5mVQa
    Lori

19. Patricialynn says

I will make this for sure…since hubby passed, it’s hard cooking for just one..I can make and freeze then use one or two at a time :)