This Sunflower Peeps Cake Recipe is perfect for Easter! It is worth the time in creating when your kids see it! If you are hosting an Easter lunch or dinner this would be the perfect dessert. You can easily make this cake gluten free too! Peeps are gluten free so just be sure you use a gluten free cake mix and frosting.
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chocolate frosting
- 19 yellow chick Peeps candies
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in. round baking pans.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely; carefully remove waxed paper.
- Level tops of cakes.
- Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake.
- Without separating Peeps and curving slightly to fit, arrange chicks around edge of cake for sunflower petals.
- For sunflower seeds, arrange chocolate chips in center of cake.
Posts You May Enjoy: