Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole in an easy side dish recipe made in the slow cooker! It tastes just like Cracker Barrel!! You must try this delicious crockpot side dish recipe. I must admit I was a little hesitant to make this because I thought it would burn in the slow cooker. But shockingly it did not turn out like that at all, I am so glad I made it! It did cook with a crispy edge around the outside edge but that is it. Which when you make this in the oven you get a crispy edge too.
My whole family had seconds and loved it! They want it back on the menu soon, like they want me to make it again next week 🙂 The nice thing about this crockpot recipe is you only need 6 ingredients plus salt and pepper if desired. I will be making this over the holidays when I have the whole family over for a big meal.
I think this would be great with ham for a family dinner or special occasion. It would also be a nice addition for a brunch menu too! No matter how you serve it you are guaranteed that everyone will love it! I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. Be sure to put this on your holiday menu list to make! You will love this easy Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole side dish made in the slow cooker!
- 1 - 26-32 ounce bag frozen hash browns
- 1 - 8 oz container sour cream
- 1 - 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 - cup onion chopped fine
- 1 1/2 - cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 - cup butter melted
- salt and pepper to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
- In a large bowl add the hash browns thawed or frozen, sour cream, soup, onion, shredded cheese and melted butter.
- Mix to combine.
- Spoon hash brown mixture in a 4 quart slow cooker that has been sprayed with non stick spray (I had put in a liner and sprayed the liner too).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top cover, and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until done.
- The casserole should be crispy on the sides and bubbly throughout.
- Serve and enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.