I was recently asked to create a grilled cheese using Udi’s bread (my favorite Gluten Free Bread) and Horizon Cheese (YUM). Instead of creating a “traditional” sandwich I decided to think about my favorite ingredients. I listed them, cheese, avocado, bacon and egg and that is how my “Ultimate” grilled cheese was born! What I love is that this is a full meal in the sandwich! There was no reason for a side with the veggie build in.
- Udi's Bread
- Horizon Organic American Cheese
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Heat a skillet to medium/high.
- Cook egg over medium.
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Butter the outside of both slices of bread.
- Assemble sandwich with cheese, egg, bacon and avocado.
- Add mayonnaise if desired.
- Grill on skillet until golden brown.
There is nothing more delicious to me and I loved it! My husband had NO idea it was Gluten Free Bread – SCORE 🙂 I do want to note that if you are eating Gluten Free that Hormel Naturals Bacon is Gluten Free.
Disclosure: I was provided Udi’s Gluten Free Bread and Horizon Organic Coupons to facilitate this post however all opinions are 100% my own. I do personally love Udi’s and Horizon.Yum