This is a really yummy recipe and perfect to freeze too! I would suggest making a double batch for dinner and freezing one too!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Here is the recipe for the Master Recipe for the Roast Chicken to be used with this recipe.
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1 (10½ oz) jar salsa
- 3 cups Roast Chicken Master Mix
- 2 cups Monterrey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 8 large flour tortillas
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with foil, leaving enough overhang to cover food and seal foil. In mixing bowl, combine black beans, master mix, cilantro, 1 cup cheese, and ½ jar of salsa. Fill each tortilla with ½ cup of chicken mixture. Roll and place seam side down in baking pan. Sprinkle remaining cheese over remaining enchiladas. Reserve rest of salsa for garnishing. Seal, label and freeze.
- Once enchiladas are frozen, remove from pan and return to freezer or wrap individually. To prepare for dinner, peel foil from enchiladas and return to baking pan. Thaw for 24 hours in the refrigerator before baking. Cover pan loosely with foil and bake for 350 for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 more minutes. Spoon remaining salsa over top of enchiladas.
Read more Freezer Cooking posts in this series.