Baked Ziti is a great dish that you can make ahead of time and freeze. When you are ready to eat it you just have to pull out of the freezer and right into the stove it goes. So I don’t bake it first, I prepare, cover and then bake when ready to eat. So for those busy nights your dinner will be a breeze. A great money saving tip is that you can freeze cottage cheese and use it in this recipe too! I like to serve this with a salad and Homemade Garlic Bread.
Tip for best success – do not cook your Pasta until al dente. It is best to leave under cooked so that it doesn’t get mushy from freezing and to be sure to cover with mix and sauce for best results.
To learn more about Freezer Cooking check out our How to freezer cook series – Part 1 – Sample Menu and Getting Started.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. A great way to save money is to purchase your meat in bulk from ZayconFresh.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 5 Points Per Serving (6 servings)
- 1 box of Ziti pasta or any shape pasta
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded cheese
- 1 16oz cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- Boil pasta as directed on box.
- Mix cheeses and eggs in a bowl.
- Combine pasta, cheese mix & sauce.
- Pour into 13X9 pan.
- Wrap with foil and freeze.
- To Reheat - Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 60 minutes with foil on.
- Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes to brown cheese.
This recipe was submitted by a reader.
If you are new or just catching up here are our most popular posts: