Such a hearty soup for a cold day. This soup was so good and full of taste. I like that it doesn’t take all day to prepare either. It was ready to go in 45 minutes. Shredded cheese and crumbled bacon are optional but anything that has potatoes, bacon and cheese are amazing in my book!
- 3½ cups peeled and diced potatoes
- ⅓ cup diced celery
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- 3¼ cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Combine the potatoes, celery, onion and water in a stockpot.
- Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in flour with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added.
- Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: