Detox Water

This is an amazing detox water recipe.  You must try it!  Three simple ingredients to kick start your weight loss.

This is an amazing detox water recipe.  You must try it!  Three simple ingredients to kick start your weight loss.

Detox Water – I love to DETOX.  My favorite way is by drinking Detox Water.  Most everyone who knows me knows how I love to cleanse.  I have tried many in my life.  My personal favorite but the hardest one I ever did was a 45 day Candida Yeast Overgrowth Cleanse.

detox water ingredients

As far as Detoxing you can do a 3 day and get yourself back on track.  I am really enjoying this detox water recipe.  It is easy to make and tastes amazing!  Mix this up and drink 1 gallon per day for 3 days in addition to eating a whole foods diet.  To get the effects you should avoid refined grains, sugars and processed foods.  I honestly reused my lemons, cucumbers and mint and they produced a quality detox water again.

5.0 from 8 reviews
Detox Water
Recipe type: Beverage
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 1

• 1 gallon of water (spring, distilled or filtered)
  • 1 whole organic lemon, sliced and seeds removed
  • ½ cucumber sliced
  • 10 mint leaves, organic if possible
  1. Wash and dry the lemon.
  2. Slice and remove seeds
  3. Fill pitcher with 1 gallon of distilled or spring water
  4. Add lemons
  5. Add cucumbers
  6. Add mint
  7. Refrigerate for 12 hours and enjoy

SPM-Pin-it-here

Disclaimer:  I am not a health care professional and I am not providing medical advise.  Always consult with a medical professional before you change your diet or implement a weight loss strategy.

Be sure to follow Stockpiling Moms on Pinterest for more inspiration!

You can download this Water Intake Calendar for FREE and use it monthly to track your water intake.

Cantaloupe Strawberry Water

Watermelon Cucumber Water

Grapefruit Water

Lemon Water

Apple, Orange and Raspberry Water

Lime and Mint Water

Strawberry Orange Water

Blueberry Infused Water

Apple Cinnamon Metabolism Water

I love to use Lemon Ice Cubes too!  Download the free Water Intake Calendar HERE.

Other Posts You May Enjoy:

Winter Detox

Detox Your Body

Candida Yeast Overgrowth

Detox Plan

Apple Cinnamon Metabolism Water

If you are new or just catching up here are our most popular posts:

Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin

Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes

Homemade Fruit Popsicles

Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Cool Whip Treat

Crockpot Pizza Casserole

Dollar Store Bin Makeover

Detox Water

Can You Freeze Cream Cheese?

Downy Unstoppables in my Wax Burner? Who Knew?

Meatloaf ala Stockpiling Moms

Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Sauce

Ways to save at the store:

Follow Stockpiling Moms:

Delicious Recipes:

Comments

1. This is great. Would lemon juice from a bottle work too? thx

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says:

No, it needs to be fresh lemons. Organic even better.

• I’m a newbie at detox water! What exactly is this supposed to do for your body?

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says:

If flushes out toxins and impurities from our bodies that we get through the food we eat, our air and lotions and body products we use (petro chemicals)

2. Michele says:

I despise mint!! Is there anything I can use in place of the mint??

3. Can you.use limes if you don’t have lemons or does it have to be lemons?

4. Deedster says:

Flat Belly Diet uses this Type of detox and calls it “Sassy Water” the difference being they also have you add a little fresh ginger.

5. Can you post more detrox water recipes

6. Do you have to stay home to do this (does it give you bathroom issues?)

7. Also, do you eat anything those three days or just drink the gallon of detox water?

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says:

You eat clean – no processed foods. Veggies, Fruits, Nuts, Meat are best choices. I limit no dairy and grains. No coffee.

8. Thanks..have it in the refrig right now!

9. I just made this last night and already have 2 quarts down by 9am! I wish I would’ve brought the other 2 mason jars with me today! I love water by itself, but this stuff is delish!

I did add about a 1/2 inch piece of ginger root to each jar. I didn’t have mint this time, but read that mint adds a lot of health benefits, so I will for sure be adding it next time! I am likely going to start growing it myself and add it to many food/drink items.

Health benefits of mint include:
    – Soothing the digestive tract and if you are having stomach ache then it can be of great help
    – Drinking herbal mint tea reduces irritated bowel syndromes, cleanses the stomach and also clear up skin disorders such as acne.
    – Mint acts as a cooling sensation to the skin and helps in dealing with skin irritations.
    – Mint helps in eliminating toxins from the body.
    – Crushed mint leaves helps in whitening teeth and combat bad breath.
    – Mint is a very good cleanser for the blood.

Thanks again for the recipe!

10. I’m a newbie at detox water. What exactly is this supposed to do for your body?

11. Lynda Holderby says:

How do u use this in your battle with Chrohn’s?

12. Sandra Manbode says:

how much of this detox water i drink a day and is ok to star early morning??

13. Can i drink water in addition to the detox water throughout the day?

14. do you only drink the water, or do you need to eat the stuff in the water.

15. Michele says:

Is there a reason to remove the seeds from the lemon? BTW–this is wonderful. My whole family is drinking the detox water (husband and college kids)!

16. Melissa,
    What kind of meats do you eat? I know fish is best for you but it’s also pretty expensive.

17. Great recipe I enjoy it but is it ok to drink it everyday.? I am 52 and trying to stay healthy and in shape, and active!

18. For how many days do you drink this ans what food can you eat while drinking this

19. Is there something that can be used instead of the cucumber? The smell and taste do not agree with me. I’ve heard about ginger root and see it posted in some comments. Thanks!

20. Melissa@StockpilingMoms says:

This detox water is so good for your body, flushes out toxins and is a great way to jump start weight loss!

21. lemon water is a great way to clean out the pipes. I try and drink warm lemon water every morning first thing! Great recipe.

22. Thanks so much, I’m going to try your apple cinnamon water too. I started the New Year drinking hot lemon water as soon as I get up and it really makes me feel better. I’ve done it before and just need to stay in the habit. I can’t wait to have a gallon of detox water in the fridge too, thanks!

23. I have to try this detox water…sounds refreshing. thx

24. I love detox water recipes!! Lord knows I need to try this for 3 days right about now. Thank you so much for linking up to Wake Up Wednesdays! Recipe is pinned!!

25. I’m drinking lemon water now as I read these great posts, unfortunately I didn’t eat clean – lol!

26. So many detox water recipes, I can’t decide which one I’d love most :) I do love that you mention to drink a gallon in addition to a wholefood diet. At my work we have people who make these type of recipes and literally starve themselves at the same time. It loses all the benefits if you’re running yourself into the ground!
    Lately I’ve started hosting the Weekend Wholefood Blender Party and would love if you ever wanted to link up some of your delicious drinks recipes. It’s a wholefood drink blog hop with juices, smoothies, teas, vitamin waters and other home-made beverages. Love your blog and thanks for this wonderful recipe :)

27. I’m just wondering if I can re-use the ingredients?

28. I like this detox recipe….but how can you tell if it is working and helping you?

29. Can you use tap water?

30. I was wondering what does detox water taste like. Is it like sweet or something. People said it taste amazing and i was just wondering what is like the most specific word to describe detox water. The lemon cucumber mint one. Can you like describe the taste. Is it sweet sour or something THANK YOU if you answer me