Crockpot Cheesy Chicken and Rice is delicious and so easy to prepare! The name says it all – Cheesy Chicken and Rice. Six ingredients is all you need for this yummy crockpot dish. You can’t beat that 🙂 Best of all your entire family is going to rave about how good this recipe is!
You will start off by adding your chicken and some diced onion to your crockpot. You can cut your onion in big or small pieces however you prefer. It really depends on how your family feels about onions. If they are anti-onion you can use onion powder and they will never know.
Next you will need a can of cream of chicken soup. Just spoon or dollop it on top of the chicken and onion. Place the cover Cover your crockpot and let it cook away for the day.
When it’s almost ready to eat you will need to add some cooked rice. What I like to do is cook my rice the night before and just stick it in the fridge. Then you can dump it into the slow cooker and stir it up and give it a minute or two to get heated. You can also cook your rice soon as you get home, if you prefer. You will also add your corn and cheese. Just give it a few minutes and then stir to combine, put cover on for 5 minutes and then serve it hot.
You will end up with an amazing dish of Cheesy Chicken & Rice. I love to serve this with a side salad and Sour Cream Rolls.
Crockpot Cheesy Chicken & Rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped (I use Vidalia)
- 1 - 8 ounce box of rice, prepared
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 - 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup (regular or fat free)
- 1 -15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- Place chicken in bottom of crockpot.
- Scatter chopped onion over top.
- Spoon cream soup over top of that.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- A few minutes before serving, add in cooked rice, corn, and cheese.
- Stir to combine, put cover on for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.