Mt. Dew Cake is so simple to make and its taste is out of this world! My hubby could not stop eating this cake and was raving about it. He even went to work and told his co workers about it and now eager they to make it! The ingredients are simple and I had most of them in my pantry or kitchen. My boys especially loved this dessert because I don’t let them drink soda. They thought it was an awesome treat! It is so moist and delicious, the perfect desert for a special occasion.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Mt. Dew Cake
Yield 6 -8
- 1 box Lemon Cake
- 1 12oz can Mountain Dew
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp Mountain Dew
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
- With your mixer combine the cake mix, the Mountain Dew, the eggs and the vegetable oil.
- Mix on low for 30 seconds and then turn speed up to medium and continue mixing for 2 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan and bake 45 minutes, until cake is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- When cake is cooled prepare glaze.
- For glaze, Mix 3 cups powdered sugar and 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp Mountain Dew together in a medium bowl.
- Stir until there are no more lumps.
- With cake on wire cooling rack, place a piece of wax paper underneath, so when you pour the glaze over the cake you catch the excess.
- Pour glaze on top of cake allowing to coat the sides of the cake.
- Serve when glaze has set.
Store in an airtight container for 3 days.
Check out these other Dessert recipes:
If you are new or just catching up here are our most popular posts:
Ways to save at Money Kroger:
Follow Stockpiling Moms: