Complete Steak Dinner in a Crockpot

How to make a complete steak dinner in a crockpot #slowcooker

I am so excited to share with you this recipe for how to make a complete steak dinner in a crockpot. My brother in law sent me this recipe and we tweaked it to our perfection. My family was thrilled with the outcome! You can use any cut of meat that you desire. The moist cooking method of the crockpot will actually tenderize any cut of meat very well.

How to make a complete steak dinner in a crockpot #slowcooker

My BIL used russet potatoes and they didn’t get thoroughly cooked so when I made it he gave me the idea to switch to red potatoes which worked really well. My son, husband and Walker (my sons best friend) loved every single bite! This was enough to feed all four of us (the boys are 8). I did use large cuts of meat so each adult shared with the kids.

How to make a complete steak dinner in a crockpot #slowcooker

I served this with Sugar Cornbread.  It was a huge hit at our house!  Even my husband said he could make it!  The steak was so moist and the ease of prep to finish was out of this world.  I may never grill a steak again!  Not to mention how great this will be in the winter.  My Crockpot is a 6 qt size.  I think this recipe would also work well with this steak marinade – it is seriously the BEST steak marinade ever!

We have also adapted this to a Complete Pork Chop Dinner in a Crockpot and a Complete Chicken Dinner in a Crockpot too!

4.7 from 6 reviews
Complete Steak Dinner in a Crockpot

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Recipe type: Crockpot
Serves: 4
  • 2 Ribeye Steaks
  • 1 bottle of Steak Sauce of Choice (I used Country Bobs)
  • Steak Seasoning of Choice (I used Rendezvous)
  • 8-10 red potatoes
  • 4 ears of corn
  • butter
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  1. Place two (huge) Ribeye Steaks (or other cut of your choice) into the bottom of your crockpot.
  2. Sprinkle to cover with steak seasoning of your choice
  3. Pour ½ to ¾ cup steak sauce over steaks (I used almost a full bottle of Country Bobs All Purpose Sauce)
  4. Take a sheet of foil and top over the steaks
  5. Spritz the top with either cooking oil or Pam
  6. Place a layer of red potatoes on the foil and sprinkle sea salt over
  7. Add another layer of foil and cover the potatoes tightly to form a seal (this will allow the potatoes to steam
  8. Take 4 ears of corn and add butter, salt and pepper and roll tightly in aluminum foil.
  9. Place the ears of corn on top of the foil and then place the lid on tight.
  10. Do not open the lid.
  11. Cook for 6-7 hours on low

SPM-Pin-it-here

Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:

How to shop at Whole Foods without spending your Whole Paycheck

Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin

Homemade Fruit Popsicles

Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Cool Whip Treat

Dollar Store Bin Makeover

Detox Water

Can You Freeze Cream Cheese?

Downy Unstoppables in my Wax Burner? Who Knew?

Meatloaf ala Stockpiling Moms

Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Sauce

Ways to save at the store:

Follow Stockpiling Moms:

Delicious Crockpot Recipes:

Comments

1. Can’t wait to try!

2. Complete Steak Dinner In a Crockpot is AMAZING!

3. Angela Danielson says:

Shared the recipe complete dinner…

4. Do you think you could use this same method with more than 2 steaks? I think 3 large ones would work for the 4 of us. Stack them?

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says:

I think 3 would work for sure! I am not sure about stacking. My 2 steaks were huge but I could have fit one more!

5. How well done were the steaks?

6. We don’t usually use steak sauce with our steaks…anyone try it without or with another type of liquid? This looks so easy and delicious!!

7. We tried this recipe tonight. Overall we thought it was pretty good, but not what we expected. Everything was cooked well and tasted good, but the steak tasted more like a roast. We both usually like our steak med. rare/med so it was just a little more done for our liking. Next time we are going to try this with pork chops and BBQ sauce instead!

8. This a fantastic way to make dinner, we used London Broil, and it was so tender, and flavorful Cant wait to do pork chop like that Thank you.

9. Melissa says:

Hubby starts his new job this week, so glad I found all these complete CP meals. Can I use another sauce besides what you used? I’ve never heard of it before, I don’t care for BBQ sauce on steak or A1.

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says:

You can use any sauce you want or you can even create your own. You do need a sauce though of some kind.

10. Hello! I never thought of doing this with steak! YUM. And including corn on the cob. Brilliant!

I saw that Cracker Barrell now has similar “foil packet” meals which I have done in the oven for years. But definitely is good stuff!

I do use the same crockpot – one meal method for making BBQ chicken and my husband often complains that the potatoes aren’t done. Of course the temp of the meat going in makes a big difference on how cooked the potatoes get. I am going to switch to red potatoes thinking that will fix the problem for him.

Thanks for the great post! I can’t wait to try this. My crockpot is the only way I can get dinner on the table and out of the kitchen at a decent time after work. I love this type of recipe.

Gina

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says:

Thanks so much Gina! So glad you enjoy this and glad we can help. I don’t know what I would do without my crockpot!

11. Scarlet says:

I am making this now. I am using russet potatoes and I peeled and sliced them in thick chunks. I covered them with salt, pepper, garlic, parsley and a few slices of butter. Placed them in a foil pouch and placed it on top of the steak. Not sure how its going to turn out but I’m hoping yummy. Will let you all know if it works out.

12. I made this for the 4th of July. Used Ribeye and Country Bob’s, cut the red potatoes into chunks, and corn on the cob. It was very delish! This recipe is a keeper for me, thank you!

13. Vicky Davis says:

We don’t like steak sauce of any kind at our house. Do you think the steak would still be tender without it?

• Vicky, I don’t usually use steak sauce, but I like having Country Bob’s on hand for other things. The Country Bob’s sauce and the juices from the Ribeye turned into an au jus that was wonderful ladled over the diced potatoes for me!

14. Do you think it would be good with Worcestershire Sauce instead of BBQ sauce? That’s what I usually marinate my steaks in when I put them on the grill.

15. Looks great and easy-they way we like it!