Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole in an easy side dish recipe made in the slow cooker! It tastes just like Cracker Barrel!! You must try this delicious crockpot side dish recipe. I must admit I was a little hesitant to make this because I thought it would burn in the slow cooker. But shockingly it did not turn out like that at all, I am so glad I made it! It did burn a crispy edge around the outside edge but that is it. Which when you make this in the oven you get a crispy edge too.
My whole family had seconds and loved it! They want it back on the menu soon, like they want me to make it again next week The nice thing about this crockpot recipe is you only need 6 ingredients plus salt and pepper if desired. I will be making this over the holidays when I have the whole family over to save my oven for making the ham. Be sure to put this on your list to make!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1 - 26-32 ounce bag frozen hash browns
- 1 - 8 oz container sour cream
- 1 - 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ - cup onion, chopped fine
- 1½ - cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ - cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper, to taste (about ¼ teaspoon each)
- In a large bowl add the hash browns thawed or frozen, sour cream, soup, onion, shredded cheese and melted butter.
- Mix to combine.
- Spoon hash brown mixture in a 4 quart slow cooker that has been sprayed with non stick spray (I had put in a liner and sprayed the liner too).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top cover, and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until done.
- The casserole should be crispy on the sides and bubbly throughout.
- Serve and enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Follow Stockpiling Moms: