Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole in an easy side dish recipe made in the slow cooker! It tastes just like Cracker Barrel!! You must try this delicious crockpot side dish recipe. I must admit I was a little hesitant to make this because I thought it would burn in the slow cooker. But shockingly it did not turn out like that at all, I am so glad I made it! It did cook with a crispy edge around the outside edge but that is it. Which when you make this in the oven you get a crispy edge too.
My whole family had seconds and loved it! They want it back on the menu soon, like they want me to make it again next week 🙂 The nice thing about this crockpot recipe is you only need 6 ingredients plus salt and pepper if desired. I will be making this over the holidays when I have the whole family over for a big meal.
I think this would be great with ham for a family dinner or special occasion. It would also be a nice addition for a brunch menu too! No matter how you serve it you are guaranteed that everyone will love it! I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. Be sure to put this on your holiday menu list to make!
Crockpot Hashbrown Casserole
Yield 10 -12
- 1 - 26-32 ounce bag frozen hash browns
- 1 - 8 oz container sour cream
- 1 - 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 - cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 - cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 - cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper, to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon each)
- In a large bowl add the hash browns thawed or frozen, sour cream, soup, onion, shredded cheese and melted butter.
- Mix to combine.
- Spoon hash brown mixture in a 4 quart slow cooker that has been sprayed with non stick spray (I had put in a liner and sprayed the liner too).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top cover, and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until done.
- The casserole should be crispy on the sides and bubbly throughout.
- Serve and enjoy!
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts: