If you love stuffed green peppers then you need to try this recipe for Crockpot Stuffed Green Peppers! You can put everything in the crockpot in the morning, let it cook on low all day and come home to a complete dinner that is ready to go.
This dinner meal was so easy to prepare and I had on the ingredients in my fridge and pantry. My husband and I loved the stuffed green peppers, my boys not so much. But I am sure as they get older they will!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 6 large green bell peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¼ cup oatmeal
- ¼ cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 small cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Cut the top off and remove seeds from green peppers.
- Wash and set aside.
- Combine ground beef, oatmeal, uncooked rice, onion, carrot, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Stuff each pepper about ⅔ full (rice will need room to swell up).
- Stand the peppers side-by-side in the slow cooker.
- Pour water in crockpot ( not over the green peppers).
- Pour the tomato sauce evenly over the peppers.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- If desired sprinkle cheese over the tops, place lid on crockpot and wait five minutes for cheese to melt.
- Serve and enjoy.
You may also like this plan – 20 freezer meals in 4 hours. If you are going to freezer cook then we suggest investing in a food saver and programmable crockpot. It will save you both time and money in the kitchen.
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Ways to save at the store:
- Weekly Deals at Kroger
Follow Stockpiling Moms: