Crockpot Honey Pork and Apples
Easy Crockpot Meatloaf2

Crockpot Stuffed Green Peppers

Here is a great way to make Stuffed Green Peppers using your crockpot!

If you love stuffed green peppers then you need to try this recipe for Crockpot Stuffed Green Peppers! You can put everything in the crockpot in the morning, let it cook on low all day and come home to a complete dinner that is ready to go.

This dinner meal was so easy to prepare and I had on the ingredients in my fridge and pantry. My husband and I loved the stuffed green peppers, my boys not so much. But I am sure as they get older they will!

Crockpot Green Stuffed Peppers are amazing! So simple to cook in your crockpot!

Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.

3.3 from 3 reviews
Crockpot Stuffed Green Peppers
Recipe type: crockpot
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:
Serves: 4-6

• 6 large green bell peppers
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • ¼ cup oatmeal
  • ¼ cup long grain white rice, uncooked
  • 1 large onion, finely chopped
  • 1 large carrot, shredded
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon pepper
  • 2 small cans tomato sauce
  • 1 cup water
  • ½ cup shredded cheese
  1. Cut the top off and remove seeds from green peppers.
  2. Wash and set aside.
  3. Combine ground beef, oatmeal, uncooked rice, onion, carrot, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
  4. Stuff each pepper about ⅔ full (rice will need room to swell up).
  5. Stand the peppers side-by-side in the slow cooker.
  6. Pour water in crockpot ( not over the green peppers).
  7. Pour the tomato sauce evenly over the peppers.
  8. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
  9. If desired sprinkle cheese over the tops, place lid on crockpot and wait five minutes for cheese to melt.
  10. Serve and enjoy.

You may also like this plan – 20 freezer meals in 4 hours. If you are going to freezer cook then we suggest investing in a food saver and programmable crockpot. It will save you both time and money in the kitchen.

Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:

Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin

Homemade Fruit Popsicles

Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Cool Whip Treat

Dollar Store Bin Makeover

Detox Water

Can You Freeze Cream Cheese?

Downy Unstoppables in my Wax Burner? Who Knew?

Meatloaf ala Stockpiling Moms

Copy Cat Chick-fil-A Sauce

Ways to save at the store:

Follow Stockpiling Moms:

Yum

Comments

• Melissa@StockpilingMoms says

You could use any vegetable puree – red peppers, pumpkin, carrot – hope this helps

1. Emma Jantz says

Hi! I’ve never had stuffed green peppers and am looking forward to trying this recipe. I only need to feed myself and one other person; to fill two peppers would you just divide filling ingredients in half? Thanks!

• Ana says

I’d use only a third if you’re going to make only 2 peppers. Or you can always make the whole recipe, fill 2-3 peppers and freeze the rest of the meat for later use.

2. vivien says

I followed the directions, actually left the peppers in the slow cooker for over 8 hours since I got off work late. I substituted ground turkey since we don’t keep beef I. The house. The meat was cooked, but the rice never cooked. Where do you think I went wrong? I assume it was bc there was no water inside the bell peppers to cook the rice. Thoughts?

• Stephanie@StockpilingMoms says

I’m not sure as to why your rice didn’t cook but you can precook it next time to see if that helps!

• kris says

probably because there is not a lot of grease in the turkey – I would make the rice as Stephanie suggested

3. Ana says

I have tried this and overall love it. I usually precook rice but didn’t this time and must say I like them precooked better. I also only used 3/4 cup of rice instead of full cup and that was still to much. I didn’t have tomato sauce so I used one of the big cans of tomato puree and I added more water, maybe another half to 3/4 can. It turned great.

• Stephanie@StockpilingMoms says

Small cans of tomato sauce I believe they are 8oz or you can use 1 large can of tomato sauce.

4. Heidi says

I was disappointed in the stuffed peppers. My rice did not cook at all. You should specify that the rice should be cooked.

5. Megan says

I used instant white rice and it turned out just fine. But if you’re still worried about how the rice will turn out, precook it.

6. Yvi says

I tried your recipe out today. I used to love stuffed peppers when my mom made them ! They turned out good. I also used the juice in the crockpot and mixed it up with some tomato past and spices to make a creamy sauce and served them with some goat cheese. Thanks for sharing :)