Comfort food can often be our downfall when trying to maintain or lose weight but we don’t have to give up our favorite dishes when you recreate them in ways that enhance the natural flavors and provide a great alternative to the traditionally creamier versions. These Low Fat Chicken Enchiladas are so full of flavor that you will truly never miss the common creaminess that comes from copious amounts of cheese and/or a cream based sauce. With this simple and quick recipe you can eat 2 Delicious Enchiladas for only 4 Weight Watchers Points. This filling entrée will become a staple in your routine with its quick assembly and satisfying flavors.
With this flavorful entrée you will find yourself satisfied and no longer needing the cream sauces typical of enchiladas of this nature. A nice hearty side salad or freshly grilled or roasted zucchini and squash are excellent choices to go alongside these enchiladas for a low calorie and low point value meal that will please the whole family.
This would go great with this Sauteed Black Beans side dish.
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Small Onion Sliced Thin
- 1 Small Green or Red Bell Pepper Sliced Thin
- ½ Cup Fat Free Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 12 oz. Can Enchilada Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch Cilantro Rinsed and Chopped
- In small bowl mix together cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breast. Using half of seasoning mix, lightly sprinkle the chicken until both sides are seasoned lightly.
- Grill chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from grille and set aside.
- Alternately you may place seasoned chicken breasts on lightly sprayed cookie sheet and broil for 10-15 minutes in oven or until cooked through and browned well.
- Allow chicken to cool then slice into ½” strips.
- In medium skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and ¼ cup water adding bell pepper and onion and cooking until tender (5-7 minutes).
- Add in sliced chicken and remainder of seasoning blend. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat the enchilada sauce in small saucepan or in microwave on high for 1-2 minutes in microwave safe bowl and set aside.
- On microwave safe plate, place corn tortillas in layers sprinkling lightly with water between each layer (1 teaspoon water between each layer.
- Cover with paper towels and place in microwave for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave.
- Fill each tortilla with 2 Tablespoons of chicken & veggie mixture. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon fat free cheese per enchilada. Top with 2 tablespoons enchilada sauce per enchilada. Top with cilantro. May also use black olives, lettuce tomato and sour cream as garnish but make sure to account for calories and points for those add in’s as well.
- Makes 6 servings. Each serving of 2 enchiladas is approximately 4 Weight Watchers Points.
Stockpiling Moms Popular Posts:
Ways to save at the store:
- Weekly Deals at Kroger
Follow Stockpiling Moms:
Weight Watchers Recipes:
[catlist name=weight-watchers orderby=title order=asc numberposts=-1 thumbnail=yes thumbnail_size=thumbnail]