Homemade Chicken and Dumplings is my favorite comfort food of all time! My whole family loves this dish and I make sure to include it on our monthly menu every month. I will warn you that this recipe takes a few hours to make, but once you take your first bite you will realize it was worth it!
The homemade dumplings really make this recipe out of this world. They are so easy to make, so do not fret and think you can not do it. With a few ingredients you can whip up the dumplings and then spoon into the pot. It really is that simple! Next time you have a craving for some Homemade Chicken and Dumplings be sure to try this recipe!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Homemade Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 whole chicken, cut up or 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 tsp chicken bullion
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Dumpling Ingredients
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp oil
- Combine chicken, celery, carrots, onion, chicken broth, parsley, chicken bullion, salt and pepper in a large pot.
- Add enough water to cover chicken.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken and let cool.
- Remove skin from chicken and tear meat from bones.
- Return meat to soup; return to simmer.
- In mixing bowl combine dumpling ingredients:flour, baking powder, salt, milk and oil; mix well to stiff dough.
- Drop by tablespoons into simmering soup, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.