This Keto Philly Cheese Steaks Skillet Recipe simple to make but full of flavor and will fill you up. Making this a great low carb, hearty meal. With only a few ingredients in this recipe I found it to be so tasty and will definitely be making this again! This is a great recipe because you can keep it low carb for yourself and serve it on a bun for those family members who are not eating low carb or Keto.
All you need is pre-packaged Angus steak strips (or you could buy a steak and cut your self, but I think it is much easier with pre sliced), one large sweet onion, one green bell pepper, shredded provolone cheese and hoagie buns for the non-Keto eaters (like my hubby and kids). In some other recipes I come across you can also use mushrooms, but my boys are not fans so I left them out. If you are a mushroom fan I would add them for sure!
Start by cooking the steak and chopped onion together in a large skillet, seasoning with salt and pepper if desired. Once cooked thoroughly add the meat mixture to an oven safe plate or on a hoagie and cover with a slice of cheese. Place in the oven and let them heat until the cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy the Keto Philly Cheese Steaks Skillet Recipe, you will not be disappointed! This is a great dinner recipe that you can double for leftovers for lunch too!
If you are new to eating Keto, check out this – Keto Diet Beginner Shopping List.
- 1 to 2 lb steak strips
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper. diced
- 4-6 provolone cheese
- salt and pepper, to season
- 4-6 buns or hoagies (optional for non-Keto eaters)
- In a large skillet cook steak, peppers and onions, about 7-8 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble cheese steaks on an oven safe plate: place a ¼ of meat filling then top with a slice of cheese, place in oven on 350 degrees and let cheese melt or serve as is and cheese will melt.
- Serve and enjoy!
More Keto Recipes You May Enjoy:
Be sure to check out all of our Keto Diet Recipes too!