I love to make my own strawberry freezer jam! It is a recipe that I always used when I taught Home Economics and one that I still enjoy making every year.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Yield 8 (1 cup)
- 5 cups prepared fruit (about 2 quarts fully ripe strawberries)
- 1 box SURE-JELL Fruit Pectin
- 1/2 tsp. butter or margarine (optional)
- 7 cups sugar, measured into separate bowl
- Remove stems and crush strawberries thoroughly, one layer at a time. Measure exactly 5 cups prepared fruit into 6- or 8-quart saucepot.
- Stir pectin into prepared fruit in saucepot. Add butter to reduce foaming, if desired. Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Allow to cool for 24 hrs. Place in freezer.
Thanks Kraft Foods for the recipe and Kim Webster for the image.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: