This Cream Cheese Banana Bread Recipe is a must have recipe for ripe bananas. What I love most about this recipe is no mixer is required, just a good ole’ wooden spoon will do the job! I love this recipe but I don’t get to make it often because I cannot keep bananas long enough — my little monkeys eat them too fast. When I do make this delicious banana bread it will be gone fast because my hubby and I can’t stop eating it. It is a great snack or breakfast treat.
If you have overripe bananas you are sure to love this easy recipe! It is great just as it is. I love it warm out of the oven or even with a little jam. Of course if you add chocolate chips you won’t be disappointed! It would make a great brunch recipe too! Did you know you can freeze bananas? That is a great tip for over ripe bananas or bananas that you find on managers special.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Cream Cheese Banana Bread
Yield 1 loaf
Adding chocolate chips to this banana bread makes it over the top delicious!
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour, mix.
- Pour 1/2 of the banana mixture into a greased 4x8 inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar with a fork until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the cream cheese on top of the banana mixture.
- Next pour the rest of the banana batter on top of the cream cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack.
- Remove from pan and slice to serve.