This Cream Cheese Banana Bread Recipe is a must have recipe for ripe bananas. What I love most about this recipe is no mixer is required, just a good ole’ wooden spoon will do the job! I love this recipe but I don’t get to make it often because I cannot keep bananas long enough — my little monkeys eat them too fast. When I do make this delicious banana bread it will be gone fast because my hubby and I can’t stop eating it. It is a great snack or breakfast treat.
If you have overripe bananas you are sure to love this easy recipe! It is great just as it is. I love it warm out of the oven or even with a little jam. Of course if you add chocolate chips you won’t be disappointed! It would make a great brunch recipe too! Did you know you can freeze bananas? That is a great tip for over ripe bananas or bananas that you find on managers special.
Cream Cheese Banana Bread Recipe is one of my favorites to make and enjoy! I like it for breakfast or with an afternoon tea. Be sure to give it a try!
Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 8 oz block of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour, mix.
- Pour 1/2 of the banana mixture into a greased 4x8 inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar with a fork until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the cream cheese on top of the banana mixture.
- Next pour the rest of the banana batter on top of the cream cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack.
- Remove from pan and slice to serve.
More Bread Recipes You May Enjoy:
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.