This Cream Cheese Banana Bread Recipe is a perfect recipe for ripe bananas. What I love most about this recipe is no mixer is required, just a good ole' wooden spoon will do the job! I don't get to make it as often as I like, because I can't keep bananas long enough -- my little monkeys eat them too fast. When I do make this delicious Cream Cheese Banana Bread Recipe it will be gone fast because my hubby and I can't stop eating it. It is a great snack or breakfast treat.
If you have overripe bananas you are sure to love this easy recipe! I love eating it warm out of the oven or even with a little jam. Of course, if you add chocolate chips it is even better!! Did you know you can freeze bananas? That is a great tip for over ripe bananas or bananas that you find on managers special.
Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas smashed
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 8 oz block of cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour, mix.
- Pour ½ of the banana mixture into a greased 4x8 inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar with a fork until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the cream cheese on top of the banana mixture.
- Next pour the rest of the banana batter on top of the cream cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack.
- Remove from pan and slice to serve.
More Bread Recipes You May Enjoy:
Stockpiling Moms can be found in all your favorite places! Hop on over to Instagram and follow the fun! We love posting memes, family fun, travel, and whatever we are feeling that day! Pinterest is also an amazing place to visit Stockpiling Moms. This is where you can pin all your favorite articles from our Food, Travel & Lifestyle Blog!
Shelley is a boy mom, marine wife, and is blessed with an amazing family. She loves sharing recipes, travel reviews and tips that focus on helping busy families make memories.