Here is a super easy Slow Cooker Beef Onion Chuck Roast Recipe that tastes great and is good for left over recipes. I love getting a large roast on sale at the store and then saving left overs for more delicious recipes. My Kroger is a super store so they have a section for meat clearance every day. I usually head for that section first when shopping for meat. I then bring it home and cook right away or divide and freeze for later. It’s a great way to save money.
For this recipe you only need four ingredients – beef chuck roast, Worcestershire sauce, a large onion and butter. Yes it is really that simple. Mix all the ingredients in the crockpot, set it and forget about it all day. To make the recipe start by placing half of the sliced onions in the bottom of the slow cooker, then put the roast on top. Put the sauce on the roast and layer the rest of the onions. Finally place the butter on top. Place lid on and cook on low 8 – 10 hours. Remove from the crockpot and shred to serve.
Slow Cooker Beef Onion Chuck Roast Recipe
Yield 4 -6
- 3-4 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 large onion, sliced into thick slices
- 4 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp butter
- salt and pepper for seasoning, optional
- Put a layer of onion slices (about half the slices)on bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the chuck roast in crockpot on top of the onion slices.
- Put the Worcestershire sauce on the chuck roast and season with salt and pepper if using.
- Put the rest of onions on top of the chuck roast.
- Place butter on top.
- Place lid on and cook on low 8 - 10 hours.
- Remove from crockpot shred to serve.
Recipes Using Left Over Beef Roast